The Asset Protection Agent is responsible for assuring
compliance of organizational policies and procedures, safeguarding
company assets, and advancing company mission and objectives as
directed by retail management. Supports loss prevention training
initiatives to enhance employee and customer satisfaction.
1. Project and Change Management: Effectively plans and manages
own work to reliably complete routine job responsibilities and
special assignments. Follows through on learning, skill building,
and practice necessary to adapt to change.
2. Problem Solving: General supervision, with work regularly
reviewed by manager or senior coworker. Uses technical skills and
knowledge to manage day-to-day tasks.
3. Technical Skill: Practical, working knowledge of tasks,
responsibilities, policies and procedures. Able to learn and apply
4. Community Engagement: Serves as an ambassador for Goodwill in
the wider community. Participates in volunteer opportunities as
schedule and interest permit.
5. Take an active role in identifying loss and take appropriate
action to deter such loss.
6. Serve as support to management in dealing with aggressive
customers, or any workplace violence issues.
7. Conduct safety audits and communicate hazards to management.
Work with management teams to ensure a safe workplace.
8. Obtain accurate information and maintain efficient record
9. Recover assets and/or make safe apprehensions.
10. Assist in internal investigations at the direction of the
Area Asset Protection Manager.
11. Audit compliance to store AP Standards (maintain a safe work
environment, employee shop policy enforcement, equipment
troubleshooting and repairs, physical security, etc.).
a. Conduct a monthly AP Agent audit at home location.
12. Ability to analyze and solve problems on an external
13. Conduct sites visits at stores and communicate all
opportunities to management.
14. Conduct job duties while still maintaining a minimal
departmental hours per apprehension standard.
15. Responsible for other duties/responsibilities as
1. 2 years of college education or experience equivalency, with
a focus on Criminal Justice or related field.
2. Ability to travel to all stores within Goodwill SEW and work
a varied schedule week to week with flexible hours.
3. Valid driver's license required.
1. Customer Focus: Independently anticipate and meet customer
needs, while searching for ways to improve customer service.
Internalize customer feedback, and follow up with customer to
ensure problems are solved by providing innovative ideas to meet
their future needs.
2. Values Differences: Seeks out the diverse perspectives and
talents of others, striving to work effectively with others who
have different perspectives, backgrounds or styles. Behave with
sensitivity towards differences in cultural norms, expectations,
and ways of communicating. Challenge stereotyping or offensive
3. Communicates Effectively: Shares information and updates with
others, while ensuring a clear, concise and professional
communication through reports, documentation, written and other
communications. Listens with interest to what others have to
4. Situational Adaptability: Demonstrates flexibility of
responses to different situations through adapting to the changing
needs, conditions, priorities or opportunities. Monitors how well
an approach is working to see if a change is needed, recognizing
cues that suggest a change in approach or behavior is needed.
5. Drives Results: Demonstrates a strong drive to achieve
meaningful results, through driving tasks to successful completion
and closure. Sets high standards for own performance, showing
determination in the face of obstacles and setbacks.
6. Ensures Accountability: Takes responsibility and ownership
for successes and failures in own work. Monitors progress of
performance and changes approach accordingly, following through on
* Utilize company resources for personal and professional growth
and development. * Function and work under pressure * Seek feedback
in an effort to leverage strengths and minimize opportunities for
improvement. * Listen and communicate effectively to employees,
shoppers, donors and visitors. * Responsible for heightening store
Asset Protection awareness. * Able to speak and write effectively
with various cultural backgrounds, levels of education and
experience. * Assure the highest levels of customer and donor
service are maintained through implementation of Retail's
standards/expectations and Goodwill's Values. * Maintain
confidentiality of Human Resource and other pertinent facility
information. * Some computer skills preferred. * Some knowledge of
video security systems and equipment is a plus. * Some knowledge of
burglar and fire alarm systems is a plus.
Occasionally lifts and/or moves up to 20 pounds. Moves about to
accomplish tasks. Worker is subject to weather conditions (hot,
humid, dry, cold etc.). Worker is subject to hazards: proximity to
dangerous machinery, moving vehicles, electrical currents,
chemicals, or high places. Repetitive use of hands for conducting
inspections, assessing security and safety of products, buildings
and equipment and computer use. Vision required for assessing sites
security and safety and computer work, extensive travel
Equal Opportunity Employer