Material Handler II, 2nd Shift
Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Join our team in Milwaukee, WI. We are expanding this site to
provide R&D, manufacturing and operations support for catalog
and custom TheraPure components.
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll
do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for
cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe.
Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in
achieving your career goals.
Biosciences Division / Milwaukee, WI, 2nd Shift Hours: M-F
2:00PM - 10:30PM
How will you make an impact?
Under the direction of the Manager, Supply Chain, the Material
Handler supports operations by managing hazardous materials
(incoming, outgoing and inventory).
What will you do?
- Receive incoming hazardous materials, raw materials and staging
of such within departmental areas
- Maintain and dispatch hazardous materials per regulatory
guidelines and maintain accurate inventory through inventory
receipts, adjustments, moves, check-in, and cycle counts
- Respond to requests for assistance by employees (either
verbally or through electronic work orders) in a prompt courteous
- Maintain/generate department records displaying proficient in
knowledge of Quality Systems Procedures
- Follow, monitor and improve standard safety practices and
- Routine work with hazardous waste
- Assist in inventory control being part of Material Review Board
- Assist in maintaining Lean Manufacturing Kanban Systems
- Assist in ordering materials
- Assist in writing/updating departmental procedures
- The position is also responsible for any other duties apparent
How will you get here?
- High school diploma or GED required
- Associates degree in Distribution/Environmental Technology,
- Three years of experience in material handling of hazardous
materials or 5 years of experience in receiving, warehouse or
material handling required
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Ability to verbally communicate, read and write in English
- Ability to use metric system
- Computer literate (minimally email, word and excel)
- Valid driver's license
- Forklift license
- Other certifications required: Hazardous training: 24-hour
HAZMAT, 30-hour OSHA General Industry, CPR/First-Aid
- Power equipment experience preferred.
- Able to work independently and set priorities
- Ability to handle chemicals and/or work in an environment where
chemicals are present
- Be mechanically adept and able to apply mechanical fundamentals
to properly operate, maintain, and improve the performance of the
equipment within their area of responsibility
- Must be available to work overtime, including weekends to
support department as required.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
frequently required to stand or walk for extended periods of time
and occasionally required to kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Specific vision abilities required: close vision, distant
vision, depth perception, ability to adjust focus, and
differentiate all pantone colors
- The employee must be able to frequently lift and/or move 50
pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 pounds with
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 75,000
extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and
contribute to our singular mission-enabling our customers to make
the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Keywords: Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Milwaukee , Material Handler II, 2nd Shift, Other , Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!