Company Generac Power Systems
Name Quality Engineer
Req # 56969
Location Eagle CORP
Employment Type Full Time
- The formal title for this position is Quality Engineering
At Generac, Our People help make the world safer, brighter and
more productive. United by our Values, people with diverse
backgrounds and points of view work together to ensure our global
customers have peace of mind.
We are a team of builders and doers who share a passion for
innovation and a desire to outpace others. As an inclusive
workplace, we empower our employees to embrace diversity in all
forms, celebrate our differences, and treat everyone with equity
and respect. At Generac, our success is powered by Our People.
Serious power, compelling careers!
The Quality Engineer works with suppliers and personnel to
improve quality systems and performance. This position is
responsible for ensuring that suppliers meet quality expectations
and for planning, coordinating, and executing the incoming
inspection, quarantine and disposition of product. The Quality
Engineering Specialist II works closely & collaborates with
cross-functional teams to keep product flowing successfully.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead deployment of standard lean tools, methodologies,
practices & processes.
- Guide Generac sourcing, purchasing and corporate quality
personnel with the establishment of supplier expectations and
- Lead the resolution of supplier quality issues.
- Direct the overall execution of internal product audits and
nonconformance resolution. Lead problem solving at the plant and
- Support Production Part Approval Process (PPAP). Manage the
qualification of new parts through the APQP process.
- Coordinate supplier quality, rework and scrap data acquisition
to feed Cost of Quality Metrics.
- Conduct and manage audits/assessments of processes and quality
systems (ISO, internal audit, etc).
- Gather and analyze product data and use the data to lead
improvement initiatives to reduce the potential for defects.
- Provide direction and assistance to the Quality Leads for
prioritizing inspection tasks.
- Develop and modify inspection sampling plans based on supplier
- Assist with the identification and traceability of
- Ensure test/ inspection integrity (MSA/ GR&R).
- Act as SAP Super User within functional area as assigned.
- Promote a continuous improvement environment by providing
direction for facility teams.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 3 or more years of experience working in an Operations
- 3 or more years of experience working in Quality Assurance in a
plant or supplier quality role;
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
- Certified Quality Engineer;
- Certified Six Sigma Green Belt;
- Certified Quality Auditor;
- Previous Experience using SAP or equivalent ERP;
- Demonstrated knowledge of PPAP procedures, APQP (Control Plan &
PFMEA), PPAP and ISO.
- Demonstrated ability to collaboratively work with teams to
- Proven track record of successfully managing shifting deadlines
and priorities in a fast paced environment;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of Lean principals & improvements;
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills;
- Effective verbal and written communication skills;
- Demonstrated knowledge of the application and interpretation of
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is regularly required to talk and hear; and use hands to
manipulate objects or controls. The employee is regularly required
to stand and walk. On occasion the incumbent may be required to
stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders. The employee must
occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. Specific conditions of this job
are typical of frequent and continuous computer-based work
requiring periods of sitting, close vision and ability to adjust
focus. Occasional travel.
"We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status,
protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by