Job Title: Arena Operations Control Supervisor
Reports to: Arena Security Manager
The Milwaukee Bucks are looking for talented people who embrace
diversity, equity & inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels
valued and inspired.
It all begins with outstanding talent, It all begins with YOU!
Under the supervision of the Manager of Security, oversee work
performed by Arena Operation Center Operator, Site Security Patrol
and event security staff. Train, supervise and provide performance
feedback including recommending discipline when necessary; monitor
guest activity and assist with maintaining order and ensuring
adherence to safety rules. Be responsible for the day to day
physical security and protection of Fiserv Forum, employees,
guests, property of the Arena and Deer District Campus. Provide
services related to control of access to the building, monitoring
and controlling building systems, utilizing building surveillance
systems monitor the building and premises. Complete daily logs and
prepare incident reports as needed.
- Monitor security cameras for noteworthy activity and keeps
notes in electronic logbook.
- Maintains a shift log of activities and events and write
reports on incidents occurring at the complex.
- Monitor and regulate pedestrian traffic at arena entrance/exit
to maintain building security.
- Ensure all personnel entering the complex are properly
identified and credentialed.
- Greet guests, provide assistance and direction for other arena
services, and answer any questions our guests may have; issue
- Monitor employees, vendors, guests and tenants entering/leaving
building and grounds.
- Issues keys and radios to facility users as required; charge
radios and conduct performance maintenance checks on radios and the
- Train AOC Operator on proper Victor, C-Cure and ISS
- Communicate to Facility Operations, the General Manager and
department head all building and building system
deficiencies/problems via E-mail, telephone or radio.
- Perform shift/daily key and radio inventory; record loss or
damage on shift log.
- Answer telephone calls to take messages, answer questions, and
- Assess facility security and safety levels including monitoring
of electronic fire and burglary systems for evidence of potentially
- Call police or fire departments in cases of emergency, such as
fire or presence of unauthorized persons.
- Assist with the evacuation of buildings as needed.
- Attend departmental and company staff meetings; perform other
related duties as required or requested.
Supervision of Site Security Patrol
- Train SSP on proper site set-up (bike racks, fencing, cones and
barricades); protocols for directing guests to secure parking
zones/locations; utilization of parking lists; communications using
radios and related protocols
- Evaluate SSP performance; coach and provide feedback; address
any disciplinary problems that arise and work with Manager/Director
if/when disciplinary action is necessary; assist with annual
performance reviews of SSP
- When necessary, Conduct regular checks and foot patrols to
monitor and observe all parking zones to ensure that zones are
utilized to their maximum capacity and to prevent illegal parking;
conduct sweep of the parking structure
- verbally help, directs and interacts with customers and;
reports site conditions and parking situations to AOC on duty,
- Serve as liaison between contracted security to ensure that
staff are monitoring, surveilling and reporting any illegally
parked vehicles and damage to vehicles or property
- Maintain equipment and ensure that there is sufficient
equipment to set-up the perimeter of parking zones; inspect
equipment and makes recommendations for replacement; inspects SSP
booths for cleanliness and to ensure that all equipment is working
- Ensure that all secure truck parking areas are properly staffed
and protected from unauthorized personnel; assist with MPD Traffic
Patrol to ensure effective utilization of MPD staff to guarantee
safe flow of traffic leaving parking areas departure of guests
- Ability to speak, read, write and understand English.
- Ability to observe safety procedures and safe working
- Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment and
identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Ability to recognize and respond effectively in
- Ability to make sound, independent judgments within established
polices and procedures.
- Ability to read, understand and process routine and complex
information in written form.
- Ability to operate Victor, C-Cure 900 and ISS computer system
and use personal computer equipment to access, retrieve or input
information using MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to maintain a commitment to the Company's goals and
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with supervisors, co-workers, and the public.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
with supervisors, co-workers and building tenants.
- Ability to work independently, display initiative and to
perform tasks with limited supervision.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Requires a high school diploma or GED, some computer experience
and a clean criminal background. Preference will be given to
candidates with college-level coursework in law enforcement or
other relevant fields or prior experience in general security.
Candidate should have strong customer service and organizational
skills and be able to function in a multi-task environment.
Candidate must be willing to work a flexible schedule, including
nights, early mornings, weekends and holidays as needed. CPR/First
Aid certifications preferred.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is
routinely required to walk, stand for long periods of time, and sit
as needed. The employee may on occasion be required to lift/move
objects weighing up to 25 lbs., is required to stoop, bend, or
crouch. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
frequently required to reach with hands and arms and to use hands
to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The
employee is routinely required to perform work at a computer
terminal, to give verbal instructions, speak on the phone, and hear
and understand conversation in an office environment and moderately
noisy environment. Specific vision abilities required by this job
include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral
vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The employee routinely has contact with the public and may
occasionally have to deal with discourteous or angry customers. The
employee is routinely required to work with others to accomplish
joint projects and to work alone on his/her own tasks.
When working indoors, the work environment is generally
favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate and there are
rarely hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust,
etc. Employees in this position generally work outdoors in all
kinds of weather and are subject to noise and hazards including a
variety of physical conditions such as, exposure to dirt, dust,
fumes, and exposure to outside environmental conditions including
extreme cold extreme heat, wind and humidity.
The individual filling this position must be willing to adjust
their work hours based on the needs of the department and must have
excellent attendance and punctuality. Hours of work will vary and
can include nights, weekends and holidays as required.
The above information on this job description has been designed
to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by
employee(s) within this classification. It is not designed to
contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all
duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees
assigned to this job.
All offers for employment with the Milwaukee Bucks are
contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a
criminal background check and drug screening. We will consider
qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent
with the requirements of applicable local, state, and Federal
The Milwaukee Bucks is an Affirmative Action and Equal
Opportunity Employer, Ethnic
We provide our employees with a robust employee benefits plan
that focuses on the mental and physical wellness of our team. We
strive to offer a flexible work environment that allows our team
members to be productive in both their work and home lives.