EBT Operations Director
Company: Fidelity National Information Services
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Travel Percentage :
15 - 25%
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll
have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and
relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented
people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is
open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all
About the team
FIS is looking for a seasoned Operations Director to lead the
technology and business operations for EBT line of business. FIS
EBT business provides administration and full transaction
processing capabilities to majority of the State Government
Agencies in United States to support EBT programs, like SNAP, TANF,
WIC, and Child Care. The EBT Platform includes the EBT Transaction
Platform, EBT Customer Service Platform for Cardholders, EBT Client
Services Platform for its State Government clients.
What you will be doing
You will lead the all aspects of Operations for the EBT line of
business to provide the WOW! Factor in all our existing client
relations by utilizing a large matrixed FIS team environment. You
will be supporting EBT external clients and directly work with all
FIS internal groups that support the EBT business.
Lead the daily operations of business operations team,
processing functions and maintenance of processing infrastructure
ensuring the highest levels of FIS service to support EBT clients
and company/business mission-critical projects.
- Manages critical aspects of running a business operation -
client engagement / service delivery, technology implementation,
financials, lead operational and business support teams etc.
- Drive client interactions in both operational as well as sales
enabler / product manager roles.
- Lead large teams of varying skills and experience to deliver
client satisfaction and business growth.
- Manages the processing environment to protect production
systems critical to the success of the business.
- Delivers an operations environment that meets all service level
agreements, client satisfaction scores, availability targets
- Develops and recommends tactical and strategic plans for
- Selects, trains, develops and leads an efficient and effective
business operations team.
- Identifies and recommends cost-saving and continuous
improvement initiatives within the processing area.
- Ensures all backup and recovery and disaster recovery processes
will meet or exceed business requirements.
- Develops and implements team standards and procedures that
support departmental standards and procedures.
- Develops and executes project plans, budgets and schedules for
documentation of work and results.
- Develops, manages and forecasts the budgets for the relevant
- Strong understanding of financials, P&L management.
- Other related business assignments, initiatives, duties and
projects assigned as needed.
What you bring:
- Typically requires fifteen or more years of experience and up
to five years leadership responsibility or the equivalent
combination of education and experience in a leadership or
operations processing organization
- Ability to work on complex tasks, projects or issues that
involve a high degree of risk, impacts business unit performance
and makes use of the individuals' high level of knowledge within
one or more areas of specialty.
- Self-starter with proven ability to work independently. Works
without supervision on the most complex projects.
- Complete latitude for independent judgment
- Proficiency in client communication and escalation
- Knowledge of project management methods and techniques
- Proficiency to effectively supervise, lead and manage staff
members. Coaches and mentors staff
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical
and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization,
e.g., executive, management, individual contributors
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent problem solving, team and time management skills
managing multiple deadlines for self and others
- Proficiency in evaluating the performance capabilities of
subordinates as well as counsel subordinates in development and/or
- Proficiency in making projections of future expenses based on
analysis of cost effectiveness of past expenditures
Added bonus if you have:
- FIS Transaction Processing experience
- Multi-faceted experience - Client Engagement, P&L, Business
Operations, Technology Operations and/or Development, Pre-Sales,
- Knowledge of FIS products
- Previous EBT experience
What we offer you
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits including medical, dental, and employee
stock ownership designed to help support your lifestyle and
- Varied and challenging work to help you grow your skillset
- A variety of career development tools, resources and
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all
personal information that we process in order to provide services
to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects
personal information online, please see the Online Privacy
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified
applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information,
national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected
characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here
supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply.
If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be
required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this
job description care was taken to include all competencies needed
to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans
with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of
the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA
reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests
will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a
relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment
agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies
which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible
for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our
employees, or any other part of our company.
Keywords: Fidelity National Information Services, Milwaukee , EBT Operations Director, Other , Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!