Material Handler (1834-720)
Company: Wurth Adams
Posted on: June 12, 2021
This position is responsible for demonstrating safety and
operational expertise within a quality and productivity driven
environment. This position will be required to proficiently perform
at least one or more distribution-related activity (e.g. receiving,
stocking, order filling, packaging, shipping,) on a regular
- Health, Vision and Dental Benefits for Full-time Employees &
- Paid Time Off - start accruing on day one!
- Paid Holidays
- 401(K) with Company Match
- Free Life Insurance
- Partner Discounts (Ford, Verizon, Harley Davidson and
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Unloads trucks.
- Verifies parts.
- Receives incoming freight via computer system.
- Verifies product and quantity going into stock.
- Puts product in correct location utilizing FIFO.
- Accurately marks overstock and main locations.
- Prioritizes orders to be filled.
- Fills orders verifying product and quantities are correct.
- Routes orders to appropriate shipping or processing area.
- Verifies product to be packaged is correct.
- Packages product in appropriate quantities and containers.
- Labels bags/boxes.
- Verifies product matches order to ship.
- Packages order to prevent damage during shipment.
- Ships order using appropriate shipping lines.
- Loads trucks.
- Corrects and/or reports any inventory inaccuracy or problem
resulting in customer dissatisfaction.
- Performs cycle counts.
- Performs cleaning routinely or when asked.
- Continuously improve productivity and efficiency of processes
throughout the operational organization.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Material Handling, forklift or previous warehouse experience
- Ability to read, interpret and comprehend documents such as
training instructions, shipping tickets, procedure manuals, etc. at
a fast pace.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide accurately and
- Must pass forklift training and maintain forklift
- Requires lifting ability of up to 80 pounds, with frequent
lifting of 40-60 pounds. Requires a lot of walking on a concrete
- Ability to understand and apply instructions furnished in
written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to solve problems involving
several variables in standardized situations.
- Basic computer knowledge.
Wrth Industry North America Key facts:
- 110+ locations across the US, Canada, Mexico, and Brazil
- More than 2,600 employees
- More than 420,000 standard parts
- Part of the Wrth Group, $15B+, which operates over 400
companies in more than 80 countries and has more than 79,000
FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OUR COMPANY CULTURE:
The Wurth Industry North America group of companies are Equal
Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate on the basis of an
individual's sex, age, race, color, creed, national origin,
alienage, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation
or affectional preference, genetic trait or predisposition, carrier
status, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other personal
characteristics protected by law. All applications will receive
consideration for employment without regard to legally protected
characteristics. Wurth will consider qualified applicants,
including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent
with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
Keywords: Wurth Adams, Milwaukee , Material Handler (1834-720), Other , Richfield, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!