Electrical Maintenance Supervisor
Company: Gannett Co. Inc.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an innovative, digitally
focused media and marketing solutions company committed to
strengthening communities across our network. With an unmatched
reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of
nearly 140 million people monthly with our Pulitzer-Prize winning
content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products
and services. Gannett brands include the USA TODAY and more than
260 daily local newspaper brands, digital marketing services
companies ReachLocal, WordStream, and ThriveHive and U.K. media
company Newsquest. There's never been a better time to join our
talented team. Visit Gannett.com/Careers to learn more about our
ELECTRICAL MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR
GANNETT PUBLISHING SERVICES
WE ARE SEEKING SOMEONE WITH MAINTENANCE SUPERVISORY
BUT MUST ALSO HAVE A WORKING ELECTRICAL BACKGROUND
The Maintenance Supervisor will diagnose complex systems and
repair complex issues and systems throughout manufacturing and the
facility. Position will support department electricians, machinists
or contractors in a variety of projects and job assignments as
required by the department. The Maintenance Supervisor is expected
to follow all safety rules and communicate both written and orally
and document work activities as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Support the Maintenance Manager to supervise the operations of
the maintenance staff
- Implement proactive processes to minimize downtime and safety
- Organize major planned maintenance activities, and supporting
operations to maintain machinery to achieve desired production
- Supervises and trains workers involved in electrical
installation, construction, and maintenance work
- Perform duties to install and maintain production machines and
plant facility equipment.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment
- Performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment
during machine service.
- Installation/modification of conduit and wiring for machines
Perform electrical troubleshooting skills and repair of
production machines. (480-volt 3 phase, 240-volt 3 phase,
motor/control circuits, relays, PLC)
Ability to troubleshoot/edit PLC Programming.
- Perform electrical troubleshooting and repair for all machines
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment
and plant facilities.
- Work with professional trade contractors to solve everyday
issues that arise with the Facility; always representing the
company in professional manner.
- Successfully manage multiple assignments through effective
prioritization & time management.
- Repairs and maintains variable speed digital/analog AC and DC
- Perform all duties and functions in accordance with Federal,
State, Municipal, and Gannett Publishing Services rules and
- High school diploma, College degree preferred
- Journeyman certification
- Minimum 2 years of electrical maintenance supervision
SPECIFIC SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Must possess skill and knowledge in the operation and
installation of complete wiring systems found in industrial
Can interpret and apply National Electrical Code, local codes,
building plans, blueprints, wiring diagrams, engineering drawings
and trade formulas.
Work independently and in teams as required,
Quickly troubleshoot automated equipment,
Maintain knowledge in the NFPA National Electrical Code and use
of a variety of electrical test equipment.
Have knowledge in industrial electronics and controls and
electrical construction tools and materials.
Ability to read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders
to perform required maintenance and service.
Clear understanding of electrical diagrams.
Good communication skills.
Effectively able to read blueprints and schematics
- General knowledge of gears, pulleys, pressure, and heat.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Physical demands commonly associated with the performance of
the functions of this job: pushing, pulling, climbing, reaching,
stretching and working in tight positions.
- Must have the physical ability and coordination to remove and
replace parts from machinery. To be functional within position
person should be able to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Must have visual acuity at short distance to examine form and
texture of parts to detect imperfections.
- Work in conditions of: Heat, humidity, working in tight areas,
noise (from production machinery) and working with various oils,
solvents and other related chemicals.
- Must have working knowledge of basic mechanical
- Perform tasks per instructions. Work well without supervision
- Must be flexible: Able to work overtime and Saturdays/Sundays
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are
a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will
consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color,
national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance,
sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities,
disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran
- Job Family Facilities
- Job Function General Administration
- Pay Type Salary
Keywords: Gannett Co. Inc., Milwaukee , Electrical Maintenance Supervisor, Other , Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!