This position will work 38 hrs per week
Job Description and Essential Functions
Job Title/Position: Patient Services Representative
Job Classification: Administrative/Professional Support
Date of Analysis: 5/29/13 Date of Revision/Review:
THE MISSION STATEMENT
To take care of people with passion, pride, and respect.
OVERALL EXPECTATIONS STATEMENT
Providing exceptional care for our patients as well as
recognizing the value of your co-workers is the expectation of all
members of the Prevea Health organization. All members are expected
to focus on the patient's needs; relate to all in a friendly,
accepting manner; communicate in a positive and professional way to
patients and co-workers; use time effectively and efficiently; and
demonstrate an overall high level of performance.
Brief Description of Job Responsibilities:
Greets, instructs, directs and schedules patients and visitors
in an engaging and positive manner. Serves as a liaison between
patient and medical staff. Makes a positive first impression on any
person utilizing Prevea Health services, whether on the phone or in
- Coordinate communication between patients, family members,
medical staff, providers and administrative staff.
- Direct patient inquiries or complaints to appropriate
- Assist patient or caller in directing concerns, and receive and
route messages to appropriate staff.
- Obtain and confirm accurate demographic and insurance/coverage
- Schedule and confirm patient appointments.
- Assist patient or caller with financial questions regarding
policies, insurances or other financial needs; receive and route
messages to appropriate staff.
- Attend meetings as required and follow the policies and
procedures of the organization.
- Handle cash in accordance with Prevea policies and
- Appropriately collect required payments, including co-payments,
outstanding balances, and payments due prior to services being
rendered in accordance with Prevea policies and procedures.
- Provide error-free and accurate daily batch and/or deposits to
appropriate staff for processing.
- Complete all work tasks in accordance with privacy, compliance
and HIPAA laws.
- Perform patient screening duties as determined is necessary for
a specific department and/or site.
- Ability to adapt to frequently changing protocols and processes
in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing exceptional
customer service. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting
quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer
- Communicate effectively with employees throughout the
organization in a proactive and positive manner, as well as possess
the ability to motivate in order to accomplish the goals of the
department and the clinic.
- Promotes teamwork and provides a supportive environment for
staff in the assigned departments and throughout the
- Ability to multi-task in an efficient and effective
- Ability to think critically using provided information in the
- Engages in active listening by giving full attention to what
others are saying, taking time to understand the points being made,
and asking questions as appropriate.
- Must be empathetic and responsive to patient's needs,
continually looking for ways to assist patients.
- Knowledgeable of the computer systems with an emphasis on
learning and training on the EPIC system
- Ability to work independently.
- Knowledge of grammar, spelling, and punctuation to accurately
type patient information and take appropriate messages.
- Ability to speak clearly, concisely and professionally.
- Must be willing to work at all locations, various shifts and
extended hours as needed.
- Experience in customer service, insurance and/or healthcare
- Proficient interpersonal, telephone and computer skills
Non-Essential Duties: Other duties as assigned
Typical Working Conditions:
Work is performed in an office environment. Involves continual
contact with staff and the public. Possible exposure to
- Long sedentary hours
- Computer time stressful on eyes
Typical Physical Demands:
Requires sitting for long periods of time. Working in an office
environment. Some bending and stretching is required. Vision must
be correctable to 20/30 and hearing must be in the normal range.
Working with occasional stress and the ability to adapt to
continuous change is required. Use of telephone and computers are
required. Manual dexterity required for use of phone, calculator,
and computer keyboard.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be
required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United
State and to complete the required employment eligibility document
form upon hire. Prevea participates in E-verify. To learn more
about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please
Essential Functions/Physical Demands
Job Title/Position: PSR
Job Classification: Administrative/Professional Support
Frequency of activity required to perform the job
(0% of work day)
(1-10% of work day)
(11-33% of work day)
(34-66% of work day)
( Greater than 67% of work day)
Lift/Carry 0-10 lbs.
Lift/Carry 11-25 lbs.
Lift/Carry 26-35 lbs.
Lift/Carry 36-50 lbs.
Lift/Carry 51-75 lbs.
Lift/Carry 76-100 lbs.
Lift/Carry > 100 lbs.
Push/Pull up to 10 lbs.
Push/Pull 11-25 lbs.
Push/Pull 26-35 lbs.
Push/Pull 36-50 lbs.
Push/Pull 51-75 lbs.
Push/Pull 76-100 lbs.
Push/Pull > 100 lbs.
Reach (Above shoulder level)
Reach (Below shoulder level)
Simple Grasping (Hands/Arms)
Fine Manipulation (Hands/Arms)
Gross Manipulation (Hands/Arms)
Near Vision (Correctable to Jaeger 2 or 20/30 binocular)
Distance Vision (Correctable to Snellen chart 20/30
Hears Whispers < 3 feet
Hears Whispers 3-8 feet