Pacira BioSciences, Inc. is a leading provider of non-opioid
pain management and regenerative health solutions dedicated to
improving outcomes for health care practitioners and their
patients. Our in-depth knowledge of non-opioid pain management,
coupled with our passion for advancing patient care, drives our
commitment to providing solutions that address unmet medical needs
and improve clinical results.
Why work with us?
Rarely do you have an opportunity to do work that really
matters. What drives us is our mission. What makes us successful
are our people. At Pacira, you are part of an inclusive culture
that fosters collaboration, growth, and innovative thinking - a
place where you can make an impact and help change the standard of
care in non-opioid pain management. Be part of our movement, let's
pursue excellence together.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
The Director, Market Access and Reimbursement is a customer
facing role and will report to the Sr. Director, Market Access.
This role is responsible for representing Pacira, and the value of
its products to various types of Payers and Employers. Gaining
their support for product reimbursement and coverage by removing
"roadblocks" is the primary focus. This person will be the Pacira
interface with targeted payers including but not limited to
commercial payers, workers' compensation programs and State and
Federal governments. Understanding quality and pay for performance
metrics associated with them, building relationships and finding
collaboration opportunities is essential to advance Pacira products
This position will represent Pacira's interests to build and
manage relationships with high level influencers with National and
regional payers as well as their networks, including ACOs, ASC
Chains, HOPD's and targeted Consulting Groups. This person will
also be the internal expert advising, teaching, coaching and
building support material for internal groups on matters of coding,
coverage, billing and reimbursement as it relates to their
- Remove obstacles with respect to Coding, Coverage and
Reimbursement that prevent patient access to Pacira products.
- Identify and implement opportunities to collaborate with
- Work with various associations such as ASCA, AMCP, NAHPC, third
party consultants and other payer and provider networks to find
opportunities to educate the payer community about the value of
Pacira products. Clearly deliver the products value message,
understand the current reimbursement methodology and recommend
changes needed to obtain unrestricted access for patients.
- Attend various conferences.
- Work closely with internal partners on pull-through
opportunities with Payer customers on messaging and resources
required to maximize patient access.
- Be the internal "go-to" resource for reimbursement questions
from field and HQ.
- Continuously maintain a compliant environment.
This position will work closely with internal departments, such
as, Marketing, Field Sales, National Accounts, Medical Affairs, and
with external consultants.
- Current and relevant working relationships with executive level
decision makers at payers, Associations and Coalitions
- An entrepreneurial mindset.
- Demonstrated understanding of CMS, Commercial payment models
- An in-depth understanding of the payer's process & medical
policy (not just pharmaceuticals) that has resulted in successfully
improving market access.
- Understanding medical billing, coding, appeals, denials and
single case rates a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to partner, communicate, and accomplish
goals across the organization without direct reporting
- Proven ability to think strategically and succeed with limited
structure and direction.
- Proven problem-solving, analytic and negotiation skills with
high value contracts and partnerships.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
including presentation skills to groups of all sizes at executive
- Valid driver's license in the state in which you reside
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in
Health Policy, Finance, Business or other related fields.
- Minimum of 5-10 years related experience in the healthcare
industry. Sales management a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience particularly managing
national and regional payer and/or employer corporate
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to sit, talk, move between spaces, reach with
hands and arms, and stoop. Close vision and the need to focus on
computer screen, use of hands, fingers and wrist to type on
keyboard and manipulate mouse.
Ability to travel 70% plus
Work from home or remote locations such as airports, hotels and
off-site meetings. This position may or may not be a typical office
setting, staff in cubicles. Noise level is moderate such as
consistent printer, telephone ringing, conversation, airport paging
and airplane noise.
Pacira is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not
discriminate against applicants because of race, color, religion,
sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy),
national origin, age (40 or older), veteran status, disability or
genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under
applicable federal, state, or local law.
At Pacira we are committed to intentionally cultivating a
culture of inclusion where all feel welcomed and valued for their
background, perspectives, and experiences. We hold one another
accountable to promote trust and transparency in support of our
communities and collective purpose.