Selects, develops and maintains relationships with suppliers.
Negotiates directly with suppliers to get the best possible pricing
and payment options. Prepares requests for proposals, awards and
administers supply agreements and purchase orders to suppliers.
- Processes requisitions and updates management on status of
- Manages relationships with key suppliers and internal functions
and proactively communicates changes to suppliers and plant
- Creates supplier specific improvement initiatives and manages
lead-time reduction programs with suppliers.
- Analyzes broad purchasing practices, evaluates quotes and
performs cost/price and value analysis to select, recommend or
develop alternative suppliers.
- Maintains records of purchase, price, stock and consumption,
supplier/vendor, specifications and catalog files.
- Maintains records for tooling at vendors. Submits requests for
capital for tooling upgrades or replacements with sufficient lead
time before the useful life of the existing tooling expires.
- Develops and maintains a list of projects and actions that will
achieve annual cost reduction targets.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Skills Requirements
- Thorough understanding of strategic sourcing and supply
strategies, materials requirements planning and other replenishment
- Extensive experience in prioritizing and organizing work
activities and managing multiple tasks simultaneously within set
deadlines and timelines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to represent the company with suppliers in a
business-like, professional manner. Must be able to build and
- Ability to work in a team environment and build business
- Strong understanding and professional experience with
purchasing contracts and leading negotiations.
- Excellent customer service and conflict resolution skills
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office, especially Excel,
Powerpoint and Word
- Fluent in English and primary language used in area of
responsibility and/or location
Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain Management or related field,
or equivalent education and experience
Minimum of three years experience in purchasing or related field
Physical & Environmental Requirements
Domestic and/or international travel as required up to 10%
Briggs & Stratton, LLC, headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin,
is the world's largest producer of gasoline engines for outdoor
power equipment. Its wholly owned subsidiaries include North
America's number one marketer of pressure washers, and it is a
leading designer, manufacturer and marketer of power generation,
lawn and garden, turf care and job site products through its Briggs
& Stratton, Simplicity, Snapper, Snapper Pro Ferris, PowerBoss,
Allmand, Billy Goat, Murray, Branco and Victa brands. Briggs &
Stratton products are designed, manufactured, marketed and serviced
in over 100 countries on six continents.
Briggs & Stratton, LLC is committed to a policy of equal
employment opportunity. The Company conducts all employment
practices without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national
origin, age, disability, protected veteran's status, pregnancy,
genetic information, sexual orientation or any other basis
prohibited by law. Briggs & Stratton also undertakes affirmative
action to assure equal employment opportunity for minorities and
women, for persons with disabilities, and for protected
Nearest Major Market: Milwaukee
Job Segment: Procurement, Supply Chain Manager, Supply, Buyer,
Supply Chain, Operations