Director, IT Global Sales and Marketing
Company: Rockwell Automation, Inc.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Director, IT Global Sales and Marketing
Reports to (role):
Vice President, IT
Key Stakeholder Relationships:
- Capability Owners for assigned business/function
- Key business leadership in the assigned business/function
- IT Senior Leadership Team (SLT)
- IT Business and Shared Technology Capability Teams
The IT Global Sales and Marketing Director is the strategic
liaison between IT and the business for due diligence and execution
activities. The Director, IT Global Sales and Marketing has
in-depth knowledge of both the business and technology in the
assigned business/functional area. The role is responsible to
understand the business's strategic vision, advice in the use of
technology to meet business goals, assist in the prioritization of
initiatives, ensure that projects align with the technology that
best provides maximum return on investment / business value, and
directs IT architectural alignment in support of the overall
- Establish business relationship with leaders and key users in
assigned responsible areas to have a thorough understanding of the
business organization dynamics, strategy, priorities and key
performance indicators (KPIs)
- Advise business leaders and stakeholders to shape the use of
technology to achieve business goals and objectives.
- Partner with Capability Owners to develop the 2-5 year
strategic technology and business roadmaps for the assigned
- Ability to identify highest value initiatives that can be
enabled by IT Sales and Marketing and/or identify IT service gaps
that are required to deliver the business needs for needle-moving
- Provide overall visibility to the business leaders on the
status of pipeline from ideation to governance approval and work
with them to develop business cases for initiatives presented to
Capability Owners Council for funding approval.
Initiative / Project Implementation Oversight
- Provide the oversight of all initiatives for the assigned areas
of responsibilities and sit on the initiative steering committee to
ensure the progress, risk identification and business value
delivery throughout the implementation and post-implementation
- Articulate, document and track the business values of IT
deliverables based on the roadmap defined
- Oversee and be accountable for the deliverables of the Agile
Capability Team and manage the Scrum Master, BSA and Tech Lead
Service Performance Monitoring and Reporting
- Provide regular IT service performance update to business
leadership team to align understanding of issues and
- Proactively and timely communicate major service interruption
with targeted audience based on the business impact areas
- Work with IT Owners to document and implement mitigation plans
while keeping the business leaders informed on progress till
IT Business Partnership Framework - Competencies and
- Provide leadership in designing and maturing assigned IT
Business Partnership in the areas such as (per assignment):
- Account Management & Relationship Management
- Portfolio Management
- Demand Management (e.g., Funnel Management)
- Budgeting, Planning and Financial Management
- Service Class Management
- IT Strategy Planning Framework
- Merger & Acquisition
Skills, Knowledge, Experience and Education
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Business Management, or related
field. MBA a plus.
- Professional Certifications a plus (PMI, ITIL, Agile, Lean Six
- Experience: Minimum 8 years of IT and business work experience
with broad exposure to various technical environments and business
segments. Minimum 3 years of experience in strategic planning,
business development or client management, working with a broad
range of diverse and complicated business units.
- Significant project management experience
- Strong relationship, strategy, and governance skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and success in communicating with key
stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated skills in servant leadership in eliminating
obstacles and allowing the team to do their best work.
- Demonstrated ability to balance competing requirements and
interests, keep team focused on top priorities, and find ways to
achieve win-win or obtain acceptance/consensus for best
- Strong teamwork, customer service and organizational
- Unwavering commitment to, and the ability to model, the
standards of behavior set in our Code of Conduct.
- Demonstrate genuine interest in colleagues, the company and
- Ability to adapt to, and assist colleagues to work through
change and support change management processes.
- Ability to retain and convey a positive attitude in challenging
- Strong team orientation and ability to collaborate with other
- High sense of urgency.
- Ability to support and challenge business leaders.
- Acts as a coach, thought leader and sounding board for business
- Act courageously by sharing viewpoints openly and directly with
others, providing relevant and timely information and feedback, as
- Remain open to ideas; integrates multiple perspectives in
- Maintain a positive demeanor during periods of uncertainty,
conflict, and stress.
- Ability to influence and obtains results through others within
Rockwell in a respectful way.
- Open mindset and willingness to learn and promote new
philosophies to impact culture and organizational transformation
Factors of Complexity
- Strong strategic thinking capability with the ability to
develop a 2-5 year strategic plan for long term growth.
- Lead the design and development of new systems that require
integration across many processes.
- Manage diverse, complex issues on a daily basis; understand the
intersections and relevancy between issues to ensure actions are
- Assess and evaluate trade-offs as required of various systems,
resource levels, budget allocations and prioritization of
initiatives to achieve 1-2 year operational goals aligned to
corporate strategic objectives.
- Ability to manage and meet the varied expectations of a diverse
group of stakeholders and internal customers.
- Ability to effectively lead and influence, both a direct and
indirect global team managing complex projects, diverse internal
stakeholders and multiple external vendors.
- Seek out and embrace relevant perspectives when assessing a
situation or making a decision; demonstrate clear understanding of
- Ability to communicate and discuss issues/opportunities in the
terms of business capabilities (vs. technology)
- Leverage business insights in proposing solutions and
- Ability to manage competing demands, accept criticism and
constructive feedback, while being extremely adaptable and
- Strong analytical skills; ability to distill information from
disparate data sources and the capability to tell the "story"
behind it, as well as recommendations for next steps.
- Stakeholder Management: The ability to work credibly with and
influence the judgment of senior leaders
- Seek out new people to engage with and new sources of
information that will strengthen the model, without waiting to be
- Ability to take the time to review and reflect on the inputs
received and the conclusions that have been made, in order to
ensure quality deliverables.
- Individuals who are always thinking of new ways to apply the
model to bring more insight and additional value to the
- Ability to bring together individuals with different
perspectives and opinions and drive toward a common understanding
- Focus on the deliverable and end results based on the
agreed-upon schedule and scope.
- Collaboration and Teaming: drive collaboration among divergent
groups (IT functions, business groups, GPOs, etc.) to accomplish
Accepts Role Requirements
- Ability to prioritize and focus on the critical issues with the
highest business impact and ensure proactive business communication
to manage and align expectations
- Foster the environment and support of continuous learning for
- Enthusiasm for relationship building and partnership across the
organization at all levels.
- Values working in a team-oriented culture and building
consensus with stakeholders before making key decisions.
- Actively pursues personal continuous learning, development of
skills and knowledge in job-related technical and professional
- Some travel may be required and conference calls outside normal
Key Performance Metrics
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and
If you are an individual with a disability and you need
assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application
process, please contact our services team at +1 (844) 404-7427.
Keywords: Rockwell Automation, Inc., Milwaukee , Director, IT Global Sales and Marketing, Other , Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!