Project Compliance Engineer- Environmental
Company: Rockwell Automation, Inc.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Position Summary :
Individual Contributor - responsible for creating , implementing
and sustaining enterprise-wide programs and processes to support
company Product Environmental Compliance initiatives.
The Project Engineer -Product Compliance defines, supports
program development, and leads global projects to help the company
establish and maintain compliance with new or changed product
environmental standards, certifications, and regulations including
those required for management of hazardous substances in products,
energy efficiency of products, and end-of-life
The Project Engineer is responsible for maintaining knowledge on
applicable environmental product standards, certifications, and
regulations which can include those required for management of
hazardous substances in products, energy efficiency of products,
and end-of-life responsibilities.
This role is also responsible for working with New Product
Introduction processes -as a Subject Matter Expert to support
product design and development activities - to ensure that new
Rockwell Automation products meet relevant global environmental
Responsible for development and implementation of
enterprise-wide programs and processes to support company Product
Environmental Compliance initiatives. Includes leading projects to
address global product environmental regulations related to
hazardous substances, energy efficiency, and end-of-life
- Develop and implement strategies to ensure company compliance
with product environmental standards and directives. Present
strategies to stakeholders and decision-makers to secure support
for programs as necessary.
- Monitors and understands complex regulatory and market drivers
and their ability to affect product lines. Works with business
partners to assess risk and strategy for ensuring compliance of RA
- Data analytical skills to manage and interpret complex data
sets to understand regulatory impact and support decision
- Lead enterprise wide cross functional teams to identify and
address product design issues related to emerging or revisions to
existing global environmental directives, regulations and
- Identifies and works with internal and external groups,
including the Global Product Standards & Regulations organization
within Rockwell Automation to analyze and communicate regulatory
trends and positions and shares information with impacted business
- Supports internal and external customers by addressing
requirements for product compliance information, including
- May represent Rockwell Automation in external organizations
including standards development committees and cross-company
- Work within Rockwell Automation to ensure that product design
and new products developed are compliant with standards and
directives to ensure global market access.
- Establish cross-functional relationships
- Responsible for the plan and schedule for projects which are of
significant and strategic importance to the corporation.
- Build partnerships at the management level of RA business
- Works with Strategic Sourcing and Rockwell Automation suppliers
to ensure the the supply chain is positioned and responsive to
support Rockwell Automation compliance programs.
- Gives presentations to share information and obtain support for
compliance programs on an enterprise-wide basis.
- Manages aggressive objectives in context of higher-level
business goals / constraints.
EOE, M/F/Disabled, Vet
- Qualifications :
- Bachelor's Degree : Engineering, Science or Data related
degrees or demonstrate work experience relative to environmental
compliance with a four year degree.
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not
sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for
this job opening.
- Demonstrated ability to frame and manage effectively, and with
high quality, a large quantity of ambiguous or complex work.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills are required.
- Demonstrated data analysis skills, including data collection,
- Familiar with EPR data sets and their use in environmental
- Demonstrated experience in project management techniques and
- Minimum experience 5 years in similar role
- Bachelor's Degree preferred in Electrical, Mechanical,
Industrial, Quality or Computer Engineering, Data Science,
Chemistry or related technical field with knowledge in the
application of basic engineering and manufacturing principles,
theories, and techniques.
- 8+ years' experience in Manufacturing/Development Engineering
Organization, preferably in an electronics manufacturing
organization or environmental compliance programs.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively through all
levels in the organization. Exceptional verbal and written
communication skills are required in addition to presentation
- Previous experience with product stewardship, environmental
regulations, product standards, certifications, conformance
agencies, or quality/continuous improvement is strongly
- Experience in new product development, including utilizing the
Rockwell Automation Common Product Development (CPD) Process as
well as knowledge of SAP, is strongly preferred.
- PMP certification
- Demonstrated ability to influence stakeholders and drive change
management projects is preferred.
- Further education in engineering, business administration,
operations or project management is a plus.
- Familiarity with Rockwell Automation products is a plus.
- Willing to travel up to 10% (including international) for
promotion and implementation of various initiatives and
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to the job.
They are not intended to be an all-encompassing list of all
responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so
classified, Reasonable accommodations to essential functions of the
job will be made if necessary.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and
If you are an individual with a disability and you need
assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application
process, please contact our services team at +1 (844) 404-7427.
Keywords: Rockwell Automation, Inc., Milwaukee , Project Compliance Engineer- Environmental, Other , Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!