Sr Engineer, Product Compliance Environmental
Company: Rockwell Automation, Inc.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Position Summary :
Individual Contributor - responsible for creating , implementing
and sustaining enterprise-wide programs and processes to support
company Product Environmental Compliance initiatives.
The Senior Product Compliance Engineer defines ,supports program
development and leads global projects to help the company establish
and maintain compliance with new or changed product environmental
standards, certifications, and regulations including those required
for management of hazardous substances in products, energy
efficiency of products, and end-of-life responsibilities.
The Senior Engineer is responsible for maintaining knowledge on
applicable environmental product standards, certifications, and
regulations which can include those required for electrical safety,
management of hazardous substances in products, EMC performance,
energy efficiency of products, and end-of-life
This role is also responsible for working with New Product
Introduction processes -as a Subject Matter Expert to support other
team members - to ensure that new Rockwell Automation products meet
relevant environmental product regulations and certification
- Ensures completion of product development compliance
deliverables for products of critical importance to the
organization. This includes compliance assessment, design review,
certification and test plan creation, documentation, and process
implementation for new product development introductions.
- Leads enterprise wide cross-functional projects of medium- to
large-scale to enact programs and processes to ensure compliance to
new or changed product environmental regulations and safety
- Leads efforts to source, analyze and management Product related
environmental data to meet regulatory reporting requirements
- Identifies and works with internal and external groups,
including the Global Product Standards & Regulations organization
within Rockwell Automation to analyze and communicate regulatory
trends and positions and shares information with impacted business
- Works with Strategic Sourcing and Rockwell Automation suppliers
to ensure that the supply chain is positioned and responsive to
support RA compliance programs.
- Supports internal and external customers by addressing
requirements for product compliance information, including
- May serve as an environmental product compliance interface with
internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to frame and manage effectively, and with
high quality, a large quantity of ambiguous or complex work.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills are required.
- Demonstrated experience in project management techniques and
- Leads strategy development, business process development, and
critical issue closure across technical disciplines for local
- Leads and participates in project teams consisting of
cross-functional personnel to address product design issues and new
regulatory requirements related to environmental regulations and
- May represent Rockwell Automation in external organizations
including standards development committees and cross-company
- Responsible for executing programs with business groups across
the organization to incorporate regulatory and certification
requirements into product designs for both legacy and new
- Gives presentations to share information and obtain support for
compliance programs on an enterprise-wide basis.
- Responsible for the plan, budget and schedule for projects
which are of significant and strategic importance to the
corporation. Examples would include RoHS, REACH, EU-Ecodesign and
other regulations that emerge.
- Monitors and understands complex regulatory and market drivers
and their ability to affect product lines. Works with business
partners to assess risk and strategy for ensuring compliance of RA
- Manages aggressive objectives in context of higher-level
business goals / constraints.
- Presents strategies to stakeholders and decision-makers to
secure support for programs as necessary.
EOE, M/F/Disabled, Vet2
- Qualifications :
- Bachelor's Degree
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not
sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for
this job opening.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred in Electrical, Mechanical,
Industrial, Quality or Computer Engineering or related technical
field with knowledge in the application of basic engineering and
manufacturing principles, theories, and techniques.
- 3+ years' experience in Manufacturing/Development Engineering
Organization, preferably in an electronics manufacturing
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively through all
levels in the organization. Exceptional verbal and written
communication skills are required in addition to presentation
- Previous experience with product stewardship, environmental
regulations, product standards, certifications, conformance
agencies, or quality/continuous improvement is strongly
- Experience in new product development, including utilizing the
Rockwell Automation Common Product Development (CPD) Process as
well as knowledge of SAP, is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to influence stakeholders and drive change
management projects is preferred.
- Further education in engineering, business administration,
operations or project management is a plus.
- Familiarity with Rockwell Automation products is a plus.
- Willing to travel up to 10% (including international) for
promotion and implementation of various initiatives and
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to the job.
They are not intended to be an all-encompassing list of all
responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so
classified, Reasonable accommodations to essential functions of the
job will be made if necessary.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and
If you are an individual with a disability and you need
assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application
process, please contact our services team at +1 (844) 404-7427.
Keywords: Rockwell Automation, Inc., Milwaukee , Sr Engineer, Product Compliance Environmental, Other , Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!