Ops Engineer II-Director WTMJ
Company: The E.W. Scripps Company
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Set up, operate, and maintain the electronic equipment used to
transmit television programs. Control audio and camera equipment to
regulate volume level and quality of sound during television
broadcasts. Ensure integrity of station's on-air technical
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Direct newscast using production automation equipment
- Observes, records, and operates transmitter power and frequency
- Set up and operate ELC system for News and other local material
- Operate camera controls and maintain proper video levels.
- Mix on air audio for News and other local material.
- Set up and operate IFB systems.
- Perform necessary troubleshooting to all equipment
- Perform other duties as directed by manager.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- High school diploma or equivalency. Some college
- Minimum two years experience in broadcast television
environment. Working knowledge of studio cameras, teleprompters and
lighting. ENG/SNG/DSNG experience preferred but not required.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- Working knowledge of Master Control, video servers, scopes and
switcher operation in a broadcast television station.
- Knowledge of transmitter power parameters.
- Strong computer and communication skills.
- Ability to maintain composure and accuracy under deadline.
- Must be organized and detailed oriented.
- Able to work weekends, holidays and evenings.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
SCRIPPS' COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION:
At Scripps, we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture
that reflects the communities we serve. We are intentional about
creating an environment where employees, our audiences and other
stakeholders feel valued and inspired to reach their full potential
and make authentic connections. We foster a workplace culture that
embraces each person's diversity, including the extent to which
they are similar or different. Scripps leaders believe that an
equitable and inclusive culture is not only the right thing to do,
it is a business imperative. Read more about our commitment to
equity, diversity and inclusion at scripps.com.
The E.W. Scripps Company (NASDAQ: SSP) is a diversified media
company focused on creating a better-informed world. As the
nation's fourth-largest local TV broadcaster, Scripps serves
communities with quality, objective local journalism and operates a
portfolio of 61 stations in 41 markets. The Scripps Networks reach
nearly every American through the national news outlets Court TV
and Newsy and popular entertainment brands ION, Bounce, Grit, Laff
and Court TV Mystery. Scripps is the nation's largest holder of
broadcast spectrum. Scripps runs an award-winning investigative
reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and is the longtime steward
of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has
held for decades to the motto, "Give light and the people will find
their own way."
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps
Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment
decisions on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation,
transgender status, gender, color, religion, age, genetic
information, medical condition, disability, marital status,
citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran
status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any
applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company
will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with
known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue
hardship for the company.
Keywords: The E.W. Scripps Company, Milwaukee , Ops Engineer II-Director WTMJ, Other , Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!