Team Captain - Angle Change or Fabrication Welding (2nd Shift)
Posted on: June 12, 2021
The Team Captain of Angle Change or Fabrication/Welding is
responsible for the fabrication of job specific parts, for custom
automotive and stair lift products. This position coordinates daily
operations as outlined by their team leader.
Work responsibilities include assigning, monitoring and
reviewing the accuracy of team members' work and providing
technical guidance to assist in meeting daily targeted goals. Team
Captains are responsible for the successful training and
development of all team members in accordance with standard work
practices and training documents. Team Captains will lead and
direct a team of ten or more team members.
- Align staffing to meet daily work requirements: communicate
daily production goals to team members
- Train, coach, and develop team members through the use of
standard work practices to monitor processes, materials, and work
environment, in an effort to identify constraints, before they
adversely affect production goals.
- Ensure team members have tools and equipment that are in good
working condition to complete their daily tasks
- Communicate parts or material shortages, scrap, production
delays and any deviation from standard work to the Team Leader
- Cultivate an environment of respect, providing prompt and
constructive feedback to team members
- Initiate daily work improvements through established lean
principles and methodology
- Responsible for creating new and maintaining current job
instructions and training documents
- Provide notification of company policy violations to the Team
- Responsible for maintaining the accuracy of team members'
- Promote a safe work environment
- Conduct daily 5S audits and promote 5S initiatives
- Conduct preventative maintenance audits daily
- Utilize basic measuring tools to assure accuracy of work (tape
measure, square, dial calipers, digital protractor)
- Read and interpret work instructions and AWS welding symbols
- Assist in the administration and maintenance of required D1.1
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma (GED) with 2 years' work experience in a
related field and 1 year experience leading personnel.
- Qualified applicant must possess experience with fabrication,
fixture welding or layout welding techniques, in addition to
production scheduling, training of staff, and team building.
Skills and Abilities:
- Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating
and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Perform written documentation and correspondence.
- Professionally communicate one-on-one and in groups.
- Ability to perform tasks using computer software and Microsoft
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
- Modern production facility with heat and air conditioning
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
generally required to stand, sit, walk; use hands and fingers, talk
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds, regularly
- Ability to lift 30 to 70 pounds, intermittently
- Ability to lift over 70 pounds, with assistance,
Keywords: Bruno, Milwaukee , Team Captain - Angle Change or Fabrication Welding (2nd Shift), Other , Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!