Fire Inspection Manager
Company: Johnson Controls, Inc.
Location: Menomonee Falls
Posted on: June 12, 2021
What you will do
This position is responsible for supervising Fire inspectors and
for the execution of inspection schedules including on site
How you will do it
Will interview applicants, recommend promotions and provide
assistance in the evaluation and training of the inspection staff.
Will schedule inspections or work with inspection schedulers.
Manage department safety tasks such as toolbox talks, safety
training and licensing. Communicate company policies to promote
understanding and compliance on a daily basis. Actively participate
in quickly resolving customer complaints. Understand applicable
local and national codes and regulations. Ensure that effective
performance measures are assigned, and that employees are motivated
to achieve and exceed objectives in a professional, timely and
quality manner. Participate in ride-alongs with inspectors to coach
and mentor on job performance. Implement and manage the roll-out
and participation of new programssoftware, e-services, new
policies, etc. Perform additional duties as required.
What we look for
- Associate degree preferably in a business or engineering
discipline or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 1 year in a supervisory role.
- Leadership, team building, administrative abilities,
- Proficient with MS Office as well as online systems. Knowledge
of Oracle a plus
- Knowledge of local and national fire code requirements.
- Able to obtain and retain any licenses that are required by
National, State and Local codes.
- Capable of performing physical labor to include carrying and
moving equipment and tools up to 50-70 lbs.
- Able to work in unusual and sometimes difficult position such
as climbing ladders, scaffolding and high lift equipment up to 40
feet, working within ducts, crawl spaces, above ceilings, etc.
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends to meet
- Willing to travel out of town including overnight lodging.
- Possess a valid driver's license and driving record that meets
- Able to pass a pre-employment background and drug test.
- Successful completion of the Inspector Entre Course (Electrical
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and
affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status,
genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a
disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more
information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual
with a disability and you require an accommodation during the
application process, please visit
Keywords: Johnson Controls, Inc., Milwaukee , Fire Inspection Manager, Other , Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!