MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national
origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based
on an individual's status in any group or class protected by
applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications
from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all
other qualified applicants.
* Construct Payment Applications
* Updates and details the schedule of values
* Interact directly with project managers
* Handles bi-monthly timesheet processing
* Establish, modify, document, and coordinate the implementation
of accounting and accounting control procedures.
* Collects and reviews project subcontractor/supplier lien
* Collects, reviews, and processes subcontractor/supplier
monthly project invoices. Needs to ensure all invoices have been
accrued properly and timely to the correct cost reports and phase
* Ensures proper payments to all subcontractors and major
* Individual ensures timely submittal of project P&Ls and
reviews the P&Ls for accuracy.
* Provides monthly assistance to Project Management staff in the
preparation of monthly billings to project owners.
* Collects, reviews and submits monthly owner billings for
* Monitors cash flow and communicate with the project staffs on
tracking A/R and when the projects are paid.
* Assist and take charge of construction progress billings for
material and installation jobs from beginning to end, including
issuing lien waivers, communicating with installers, project
managers, and customers.
* Assist with ongoing change orders for jobs and updating Excel
spreadsheets as the accounting record for auditing purposes.
* Backup for the A/P coordinator processing Accounts Payable
* Balance Sheet Reconciliations for prepaid and accrual
* Strong excel skill
* Construction/Accounting experience
* Attention to detail
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Knows how to properly and efficiently process billings,
subcontractor payables, waivers and AIA documents
* Has general ledger experience
* Is organised, detail-oriented, and analytic
* Has the ability to work independently and has strong
* Proficient in Excel, Word, construction specific accounting
software, and Viewpoint
* Works well in team environment
* Experience with QuickBooks a plus
* Experience with Procore software a plus
Our client is a reputable general contractor located in the
Milwaukee area. They are in active growth mode and are looking for
a future leader to join their business as an Accounting
* Very competitive base salary
* Healthcare for the employee and the entire family
* Great company culture with good work/life balance
* 401k match
* Opportunity to spearhead a department that is in growth
* Longterm path to CFO