Electronic System Engineer
Company: Strattec Security Corp.
Posted on: November 22, 2021
ResponsibilitiesDuties & Responsibilities:
- Perform Electrical circuit design (including new design
initialization), simulation and analysis of mixed signal
electronics circuits, PCB Layout, System test and validation to
meet technical product and safety requirements.
- Assist in the strategic management of the engineering hardware
design tools, licenses and tool support and optimization to
- Develop STRATTEC's capability in electronic hardware design in
the area of wireless domain, battery operated devices, and
motor/solenoids type products.
- Perform advanced Research, explore & prove out new technologies
in the market, microprocessors & microcontrollers, and processes
for inclusion in future projects.
- Focal point for electrical hardware design technical
discussions with cross-competency team, management and customers
using highly effective communication and facilitation skills and
- Support pre-compliance testing for EMI/EMC compliance and
certification of product at external certified labs.
- Support Manufacturing plant with technical assistance for pre
and post production of the product.Desired Skills and Experience:
- Must be capable to start new designs that are microprocessors
or microcontrollers based (including block diagram, schematic,
components selection, and design analysis/verification) upon
reviewing customer general functional requirements
- Electrical Hardware engineer who is experienced in design of
mixed signal circuits (analog and digital), and power circuits
compliance with automotive standards or similar.
- Experience with circuit Simulation tools (LTspice, Pspice, or
- Proficiency in using basic Hardware design validation equipment
such as Mixed Signal Oscilloscope, Signal generator, Spectrum
Analyzer, Function generator, DMM and DC power supplies.
- Able to interface with diagnostics and communication systems
(CAN LIN/K-Bus, flashing via bus) and Software tools (Vector
- Preferred to have a hands on experience using Circuit analysis
tools such as Mathcad (WCCA) Reliability Software (MTBF, FTA,DFMEA)
to valid the hardware design.
- Preferred to have experience using or interacting with hardware
design tools for Schematics entry and PCB layout (Cadence Orcad
Capture/Altium/Mentor Graphics Xpedition)
- preferred to have a hands on testing experience of a product
for EMI/EMC compliance and Experience with wireless designs (LF,
RF, Bluetooth, NFC,UWB), motor and solenoid drive circuits (BJT's,
MOSFET) actuators and sensor technology.
- Wireless design experience is a plus.
- General Knowledge of ISO 26262 Safety Standards and
Requirements is a plus.
- Ability and passion to research and develop new
- Minimum Qualification BSEE required. Masters Degree preferred
with Electrical/Electronics Engineering.
- Minimum 5+ years experience required in some combination of the
- Automotive electronics product development.
- Direct design creation experience in Electronics circuits.Good
oral and written English language skills. Ability to read, analyze,
and interpret highly technical design documents. Ability to write
technical documents, development processes and procedures, and
business correspondence. Ability to effectively represent
information and respond to questions in a meeting environment.
Additional German, Korean and Mandarin language skills would be
valued.STRATTEC SECURITY CORPORATION is an equal opportunity
employer and practices affirmative action to recruit, hire, train,
upgrade, transfer and promote persons in all job titles without
regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin,
disability or protected veteran status.PI153912593
Keywords: Strattec Security Corp., Milwaukee , Electronic System Engineer, Other , Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!