Automated Packaging Operator
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Job Level: HourlyJob Type: Hourly Full TimeThis Full-Time
position is in WI - MILWAUKEE however please expect receiving calls
from a 952 area code in case you are considered. Relocation
assistance is not provided.Working at Cargill is an opportunity to
thrive - a place to develop your career to the fullest while
engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the
globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong
history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a
diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and
professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people
in your field. At Cargill we have a Culture of Safety, our goal is
to return everyone safely back to their loved ones every day.The
purpose of the Automated Packaging Operator Position Complete all
required quality and food safety checks and document utilizing the
required documents or electronic systems. Maintain a food safe work
environment by cleaning up spills, and maintaining hygenic work
conditions. Comply with all GMP, safety, sanitation and any other
plant rules as established by the company. Follow all Food Safety
(HACCP), & GMPs policies.Be aware of and comply with general
Cargill Cocoa & Chocolate safety policy andrules specific to work
area Personal protective equipment (such as safety glasses, boots,
or gloves) must be worn per Cargill polices. Look for and report
unsafe situations/work practices Complete Monthly Safety Training
as requiredCompensation: $20.29Shift: Night Shift 06:00 PM - 06:00
- Medical/ Dental/ Vision/ Life/ Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Cargill retirement plans
- Comprehensive employee assistance resourcesPrincipal
- Read schedule for production lines and communicate with the
operator from the previous shift to determine the status of the
lines. (Machinery problems change over status, availability of
paste, special operating instructions, quality control issues,
- Operate Mik 1 & Mik 2 Automated Packaging Equipment and Bindler
Automated Packaging Equipment.
- Communicate with the line moulder and any packaging worker
personnel to determine if there are any problems on the packaging
portion of the line.
- Monitor machine performance and quality control parameters and
make adjustment to machines as necessary.
- Set-up Code Date machine per the product specifications.
- Perform Metal Detector & Checkweigher checks per the product
specifications and document as per procedures.
- Collect samples for FSQR as required.
- Order supplies (film, correguate, etc.) as required.
- Perform operator preventative maintenance as scheduled.
- Be able to safely perform lock out tag outs on the automated
- Record production data as required on log sheets or in computer
systems. Complete checklists as required.
- Perform troubleshooting on the automated packaging equipment
for equipment faults, jams, or automation stops.
- Escalate and communicate to supervisor and maintenance
personnel in the event of any problems with the lines.
- Perform product and packaging change-overs as scheduled.
- Perform cleaning on lines as scheduled.
- Use pallet handling equipment to move product or packaging
materials as required.
- Maintain all production areas in a neat and clean
- Properly account for any product spills or production
- Comply with all GMP, safety, sanitation and any other plant
rules as established by the company.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Packaging and Molding
- Must be able to read, write and perform basic math and have
keyboarding skills for data input.
- High School diploma / GED equivalent
- Must be able to complete basic troubleshooting on automated
- Ability to read and communicate in English effectively.
(Verbally and Written) .
- Good communication skills.
- Able to work with different temperature and humidity conditions
in the work area that can vary from temperatures ranging of 65
degrees F up to or exceeding 100 degrees, and very humid (near or
over 80%) to ultra-low humidity (less than 40%).
- Must be able to work with noise levels up to 115 decibels
requiring the use of hearing protection for most of the day.
- Must be required to wear plastic gloves while performing duties
involving potential direct contact with the product.
- Ability to stand and reach with arms and hands, as a regular
- Ability to regularly walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb
stairs and lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Ability to work overtime Ability to work holidays, nights,
weekends or different shifts in a Union environmenPreferred
- Previous food production experience
- Forklift previous experience.Equal Opportunity Employer,
Keywords: Cargill, Milwaukee , Automated Packaging Operator, Other , Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!