Machine Center Operator
Company: Metalcraft of Mayville
Location: West Bend
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Metalcraft of MayvilleMetalcraft of Mayville is an Equal
Opportunity Employer:Minorities/females/veterans/individuals with
disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identityMachine Center
Operator (2nd & 3rd) (West Bend)US-WI-West BendJob ID:
2021-2160Type: Regular Full-Time# of Openings: 6Category:
ManufacturingMetalcraft of Mayville, IncOverviewReporting to the
Machine Center Manager, the Machine Center operator produces
machined parts by programming, setting up, and operating a computer
numerical control (CNC) machine; maintaining quality and safety
standards; keeping records; maintaining equipment and supplies.
Some experience preffered but willing to train the rignht
- Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints,
engineering plans, materials, specifications, orthographic
drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining
parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances
- Plans stock inventory by checking stock to determine amount
available; anticipating needed stock; placing and expediting orders
for stock; verifying receipt of stock.
- Sets-up mills and lathes by installing and adjusting three- and
four-jaw chucks, tools, attachments, collets, bushings, cams,
gears, stops, and stock pushers; indicating vices; tramming
- Loads feed mechanism by lifting stock into position.
- Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and
sample workpieces; adhering to international standards.
- Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and
cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing
operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions;
troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls;
sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance
procedures and processes.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance
requirements; following manufacturer's instructions;
troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and
communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational
opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for
accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities
to add value to job accomplishments.Qualifications
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to efficiently work in a team and coordinate work with
- Aptitude to take orders and execute the same efficiently
- High school degree, diploma or a GED equivalent qualification
from is accredited institution.
- Demonstrated detail orientation, self motivation skills and
ability to multi-task
- Knowledge of blueprints and specifications for machinery
Keywords: Metalcraft of Mayville, Milwaukee , Machine Center Operator, Other , West Bend, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!