Personal Care Worker
Company: KASTLE COMMUNITIES
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Personal Care Worker(PCW)Job Description
A Personal Care Worker is a member of the home care team who
assists the client with the tasks of daily living and personal
cares as outlined in a written care plan. Personal Care Workers are
supervised by KCL management.
- KCL prefers that a Personal Care Worker have previous personal
care experience which is verifiable through references, and must be
listed on the CCDET registry. Personal care workers shall complete
15 hours of training approved by the licensing agency related to
health, safety and welfare of residents, resident rights and
treatment appropriate to residents served prior to or within 6
months after starting to provide care. This training shall include
training in fire safety and first aid Personal Care Worker shall
complete 8 hours of training approved by the licensing agency
related to the health, safety, welfare, rights and treatment of
residents every year beginning with the calendar year after the
year in which the initial training is received.
- Training shall emphasize the techniques of caring for the
special needs of the clients the PCW will serve and must be a
certified Personal Care Worker.
- Must be at least 18 years of age with a high school diploma or
- Must be physically able to perform the duties of the position.
- Must exhibit mature responsible behavior, and understand the
strict need for patient confidentiality.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
- Must be able to follow direction and accurately report to the
Supervisor any changes in client's condition.
- Must have available reliable transportation to and from
- Must be able to maintain the team atmosphere of trust,
fairness, respect and support within the Company.
- Must demonstrate dependability, honesty, and confidentiality.
- Must provide a personal phone line or other reliable means of
The duties of a Personal Care Worker may include, but are not
limited to the following:
- Perform tasks assigned by KCL Management
- Promptly report any significant changes observed or reported in
the client's condition to the manager our primary care physician
- Confer as required with the KCL management regarding the
- Ensure that clients is safe by staying with in eye sight during
the entire shift. Never leave client alone unless specified in ISP.
- Documenting pertinent information pertaining to the client's
- Reminding clients to take medication at the appropriate time.
- Planning and preparing meals according to specific dietary
requirements of the client, and if necessary, feeding the client.
- Assisting the client with therapy exercises under the direction
of a Registered Therapist. Range of Motion exercises.
- Assisting or performing personal care including but not limited
to: hair care, skin care, nail care, oral hygiene (teeth, mouth,
and denture), bathing (sponge bathing, bed bath, and showers),
grooming (shaving), hearing aid, eye glasses, and dressing.
- Assisting with ambulation and simple transfers with or without
mechanical aids specified in their care plan.
- Assisting with routine bodily functions: Example, toileting.
- Maintaining a safe, clean and healthy environment through light
housekeeping including changing bed Linens, dusting and vacuuming,
cleaning kitchen and bathroom, and laundry.
- Providing companionship and stimulation for the client
including reading, walks, etc.; and accompanying the client to
doctors or other appointments.
- Grocery shopping or other errands when needed.
- Performing other housekeeping tasks as indicated in the care
- Taking client's vital signs and recording input and output when
- Observing and reporting changes in client's condition to the
- Accurately completing daily records and submitting them to the
office by date due.
- Participating in in-service education programs.
PHYSICAL / MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Lifting, carrying objects such as cleaning supplies, linens,
dishes, laundry baskets, etc. ranging from 5 to 50 pounds without
- Simple manipulative skills are required to consistently
manipulate small appliances such as vacuums, electric brooms, can
- Ability to concentrate on moderate detail with some
- Reaching overhead to remove and replace dishes, linens, etc.
- A sense of balance is required to safely assist clients with
walkers and canes in ambulation
- Ability to wear gloves and other protective coverings
- Ability to follow instructions and specific ideas behind
- Must be able to bend, stoop, climb stairs and stand for long
periods of time
EMPLOYEE MAY NOT:
- Cut the nails of any patient unless authorized by a Supervisor.
- Perform any type of heavy housework such as cleaning stoves
with oven cleaners, moving heavy furniture or appliances, etc.
- Employee may not provide skilled nursing cares, such as, wound
or invasive cares Authorized by primary care physician and
- Employee may not administer any medications unless prescribed
by the primary care physician specified in a doctors order..
Keywords: KASTLE COMMUNITIES, Milwaukee , Personal Care Worker, Other , Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!