Supervisor, Packaging Days/Nights Floater
Company: Campbell Soup
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Imagine...working for a company that knows that its people are
the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which
achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work
experience are part of the same process.We cultivate and embrace a
diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse
backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and
enrich our global culture.We are looking for an individual who
enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to
be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.Job
The Production Supervisor is responsible for the supervision of the
work activities of shift employees in packaging and processing and
related areas, including work assignments and schedule of work
hours to maximize productivity, efficiency, and the effective use
of labor hours.Essential Job Duties
- Plans, promotes and organizes training activities related to
product quality and reliability to ensure each employee performs
their job following manufacturing, equipment and safety procedures
and requirements to consistently produce good results.
- Fosters a continuous improvement performance culture. Develop
goals, communicate performance standards and train, mentor,
motivate and counsel to optimize performance and personal growth,
and build leadership capability.
- Collaborates with, participate in, and/or lead external and
internal customers, suppliers and interdisciplinary teams by
providing technical assistance in areas of expertise, as needed,
aiding and facilitating in other areas on Baptista's effort and
attainment of advancements in diversification, competitive edge,
and process and project improvement, and in building a value-based
performance and relationship culture.
- Collaborates with other departments to identify needs and to
obtain optimum production and utilization of human resources,
machines and equipment for filling orders and packaging of
- Uses knowledge of product technology, production methods and
procedures, capability of machines and equipment, direct,
coordinate, expedite, supervise and inspect the work activities of
shift packaging and processing department employees (Packaging
Machine Operators (PMO) and Leads, Packagers, Baking Process
Operators (BPO) and Leads, Processing Utility (PU), Temps, etc.).
Schedule work assignments and work hours to maximize productivity
and efficiency, and the effective use of labor hours while
minimizing equipment downtime. Revise schedules and manage rush and
special orders as needed.
- Uses company's MRP and pallet tracking system to track and
maintain control of packaging and raw material inventories and
track discrepancies in usages.
- May be responsible for weekly start-up and/or end-of production
week clean-up as well as daily changeovers in accordance with
internal, customer (e.g., kosher) and regulatory requirements.
- May join the Business Unit Leader in exploring new methods,
equipment and process improvements.
- Communicates equipment repair and maintenance issues to
maintenance and/or Business Unit Leader.
- Participates in planning long range objectives.
- Conducts pre & post shift hand-off meetings with other
Production Supervisors and Leads to ensure shift-to-shift operation
- Promotes safety and conduct operations in accordance with FDA
regulations, AIB, cleanliness, OSHA and MSDS standards. Maintain
security of your department.
- Completes daily shift reports and all records and reports in a
timely and accurate manner to ensure that all transactions and
labor hours are reported accurately. Maintain records and verify
accuracy of inbound/outbound paperwork.
- May perform other duties as required.Scope of Responsibility
- The primary duty is managing and scheduling all productions for
the plant, which comprises roughly 92.5% of their time.
- The position is responsible for job plans, organizing,
supervising, controlling, and evaluating the work of direct
- This position gives input and weight in decision making for
interviewing, hiring, appraising performance, rewarding and
discipline, firing and/or change in status.
- This job has approximately 106 direct reports and indirect
reports in the following jobs: Coord, Operations Support &
Workforce Scheduling Specialist.
- Supervises 10-15 associates including Baking Process Operators,
Packaging Leads, Packers, Packing Machine Operators and Processing
Leads.Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Clear and professional spoken and written communication skills
are required. Bilingual is a plus.
- Able to read, analyze, and interpret machine manuals,
periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or
- Able to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts,
interest, proportions, percentages, and volume.
- Individual should have strong troubleshooting skills and be
able to solve practical problems.
- Knowledge of public safety, security operations, rules,
regulations, precautions, prevention and protection of people and
- Knowledge of instructional methods and training techniques
including curriculum design principles, learning theory, group and
individual teaching techniques, design of individual development
plans, and test design principlesEducation and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field preferred; a minimum of 5
years related supervisory experience, preferably in a team-based
continuous improvement culture and/or manufacturing environment
- Professional Licenses or Certifications -N/APhysical Demands
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to sit, talk, or hear, and use hands to finger,
handle, or feel.
- The employee is occasionally required to stoop or kneel.
- The employee must be able to sit most of the day, typing and
using the phone.Work Environment
The noise level in the work environment is quiet in the office
areas but loud and hearing protection is required in the
plant.ACRThe Company is committed to providing equal opportunity
for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment
relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital
status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other
classification protected by law.In that regard, U.S. applicants and
employees are protected from discrimination based on certain
categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional
Keywords: Campbell Soup, Milwaukee , Supervisor, Packaging Days/Nights Floater, Other , Franklin, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!