Company: Parallel Employment Group
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Position Summary: Generally includes responsibility for
operating one or more pieces of bakery production equipment,
including (but not limited to) mixing, divider, molder, proofer,
oven, slicer, indexer, coder, cooler, wrapper, bagger, etc. Duties
included proper machine set up, monitoring quality and speed of
throughput, housekeeping, and may include post production cleanup,
all accomplished in a safe and sanitary environment. This is an
hourly paid position, generally involving the operation of
specified equipment in accordance with established standards and in
accordance with machinery manufacturer specifications. Authority of
incumbents is limited to proper machine operation, as directed by
production management and includes authority (and responsibility)
to ensure safe operation, full compliance with GMPs and a quality
product meeting all company standards. Moderate to close
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Arrives at work on or before scheduled start time daily to
check area for proper housekeeping, equipment safety and
safeguards, proper tools and other equipment/supplies and to ensure
that applicable machinery is set up and functioning properly.
- Communicates/coordinates with other employees to ensure
uninterrupted flow of product.
- Makes appropriate weight, temperature, time and other checks to
ensure product quality is at standards set by management.
- Monitors machine operation and settings, makes appropriate
adjustments to ensure standards set by management are adhered to
and to minimize/eliminate waste; contacts supervisor to resolve
difficulties beyond what incumbent is trained/authorized to
- Must demonstrate that he/she has a full understanding how the
machine operates. Must demonstrate equipment set up and small
adjustments to the machine when adjustments need to take
- Wears uniform and personal protective equipment as required
and/or provided by the company (e.g. gloves, hair/beard restraints,
goggles, etc.); shuts off machinery before clearing jams, ensures
equipment lockout procedure is used prior to doing any cleaning or
adjustment/repair which requires safety guards to be removed or
which may expose employees to injure through inadvertent movement
of machine parts.
- Completes all company required paperwork to document periodic
quality checks, to account for product produced and to provide
other records as required by the company.
- Keeps equipment and area clean during production run, is alert
to slip-trip-fall hazards in area, and takes any required action to
eliminate/minimize the potential for accidents.
- Communicates regularly with supervision regarding problems and
suggestions, reports unsafe conditions immediately.
- Assists in other phases of production as directed by
- Successful applicants will be required to understand and adhere
to the Angelic Bakehouse Food Safety Policy and place quality and
food safety as top priority.
- Responsible for reporting quality and food safety issues or
concerns to Management.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail is essential.
- Must have basic math and communication skills and knowledge to
comprehend label instructions.
- Must have good working knowledge of basic principles skills in
a food processing facility.
- Must have sufficient visual acuity to set up machinery and
monitor machine operation and product flow.
- Must have manual dexterity to move safely in an area of
- Must have manual dexterity to accommodate machine adjustments,
and feeding of supplies/ingredients.
- Must be able to lift up push/pull o 50 lbs. 4 times per
Keywords: Parallel Employment Group, Milwaukee , Machine Operator, Other , Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!