Warehouse Order Selector - Now Hiring- Sysco
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Company: US0035 Sysco Eastern Wisconsin, LLCZip
Code:53037Minimum Level of Education:High School or
EquivalentMinimum Years of Experience:0-1 YearsEmployment Type:Part
TimeTravel Percentage: 0This is a Part-Time PositionJOB SUMMARYThis
is a Part-Time PositionIMMEDIATELY HIRING Warehouse Order Selectors
up to $78,000/year **NO EXPERIENCE REQUIRED**
- No Experience Required
- Hiring immediately
- Earn up to $78,000 per year including base, overtime, and
- Industry-leading total rewards package
- On-the-job training with career growth opportunities
- No college degree or previous warehouse experience
- Overtime opportunities
- JOB SUMMARYThis is a warehouse position responsible for
operating an electric pallet jack to select the correct products,
labeling product using Sysco Order Selection (SOS) label
technology, palletizing product to build customer orders and
delivering the product to the dock safely and efficiently. This
position requires working 6:00 p.m. until end-of-shift with all
products accurately selected and loaded. Overtime hours and working
weekends and holidays are required to successfully fill customers'
orders. The job requires working in areas with temperature and
humidity variations based on local weather conditions, and on
selecting the environment (dry, cooler, freezer).RESPONSIBILITIES
- Hand select orders within various warehouse environments of
fluctuating temperatures, including dry, cooler, and freezer.
- Operate assigned Sysco Order Selection (SOS) unit to create
labels and correctly place labels on product.
- Stack product on pallets following proper selecting procedures
(for example, no stacking heavy-on-light, labels facing out,
- Engage an electric pallet jack to transport products.
- Stage pallets for loading on proper dock locations.
- Follows SyscoSafe preferred work methods at all times, and
immediately advise supervisor of any unsafe conditions.
- Adhere to sanitation requirements to comply with the policy set
forth by the company and by AIB (American Institute of
- Maintain and safely operate all assigned equipment, including
but not limited to pallet jack, SOS unit, and personal protective
- Perform pre- and post-trip inspections, and safely operate all
- Shrink-wrap product on the loading dock.
- Attend all required company meetings.
- Other duties may be assigned.QUALIFICATIONSEducation
- High school diploma or General Education Development (GED) or
- 3 months' warehouse experience preferred.
- 3 months' experience operating an electric pallet jack
- Previous experience at Sysco or in the food service industry
- 18+ years of age.
- Submit to pre-employment testing (Drug Screening, Background
Check, Physical Abilities Test).Professional Skills
- Ability to meet or exceed minimum efficiency levels established
through an engineered production standard.
- Able to work rapidly at a constant pace for the entire shift,
in a fast-paced environment.
- Meet or exceed established cases per error goals.
- Develop a good working knowledge of the product, placement, and
inventory control techniques and procedures.
- Able to read, write, and communicate effectively as it relates
to the job and the safety regulations.Physical DemandsThe physical
demands described here are representative of those that must be met
by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of
- Frequently lift product that weighs 1-75 pounds, up to 100
- Regularly reach up to 72 inches.
- Constantly bend and twist while operating a pallet jack,
retrieving items from lower shelf areas.Working ConditionsTo
perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires working overtime hours, working weekends, and
- Requires working in areas with temperature and humidity
variations based on local weather conditions, and on selecting the
environment (Dry, Cooler, Freezer).The above information on this
description has been designed to indicate the general nature and
level of work performed by associates within this classification.
It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive
inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications
required of associates assigned to this job.BENEFITS
INFORMATION:For information on Sysco s Benefits, please visit HOW
WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATESCOVID-19 Precaution(s):
- Personal protective equipment and masks provided
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
OVERVIEW:Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution.
With over 57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles,
Sysco operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide
and serves more than 625,000 customer locations.We offer our
associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally,
to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to
serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We re
looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team.
Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of
food and service.AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:Applicants must be
currently authorized to work in the United States.We are proud to
be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and
consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed,
religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other
protected factor under federal, state or local law.This opportunity
is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and
affiliates. Associated topics: associate, dock, dock c, dockworker,
forklift, fulfillment, logistics operation, picker, servicer,
Keywords: SYSCO, Milwaukee , Warehouse Order Selector - Now Hiring- Sysco, Other , Germantown, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!