Traveling Superintendent/Foreman (Demolition)
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Never settle, dig deeper.Our Core Values
- Deliberately Safe We believe all safety incidents are avoidable
when everyone operates with a deliberate mindset. We are
deliberately proactive and thorough in training and job planning.
We are deliberately safe in our everyday operations and
- Build with Intention We build with intention. Whether in the
office or the field, we work with grit and determination toward a
better future for everyone involved. We leave things better than we
found them, and never leave a job until we re proud to put the Veit
name on it.
- Leaders Dig First Egos have no place at Veit. We expect
everyone on our team to dig in with a leadership mentality. That
means being willing to jump in, take ownership, and get mud on our
boots - especially when times get challenging.
- Real Relationships Like our work, we approach relationships
authentically, with a long-term mindset. Whether you re a client
partner, vendor, or team member, we make an effort to build a more
meaningful connection with you by communicating with respect and
- Integrity in Everything As part of the Veit family, everything
we do and say reflects on this entire company. We act with
integrity, which means treating others just as we want to be
treated, doing the right thing, and holding ourselves
accountable.About UsVeit is one of the country s leading specialty
contractors, with over 90 years of experience and the best people
in the industry. We pride ourselves on our relentless pursuit to
push the construction industry forward and deliver for our
customers. Our modern fleet of iron, diverse expertise, and
unmatched determination allow us to successfully tackle some of the
largest and most complex projects across every sector while also
living out our values every day.Our company culture is one where
everyone pitches in to get the job done, regardless of job title or
seniority. We do everything we can to maintain an atmosphere where
family comes first. We want every one of our employees to look
forward to each day at work and make it home safe and happy at the
end of the day.Position SummaryVeit has an immediate opening for a
Traveling Demolition Superintendent/Foreman. The Demolition
Superintendent/Foreman manages the daily site activities by
ensuring the project is constructed in accordance with safety,
design, budget, and schedule. The Demolition Superintendent/Foreman
directly manages the lead personnel and staff on each project
site.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Daily communication with General Superintendents regarding job
specific needs including workforce and equipment requirements.
- Daily contact with job site crews to ensure project time
schedule and workforce needs are being met.
- Schedules subcontractors to complete work as needed. Monitors
subcontractor work to ensure work is complete per subcontractor
- Maintains safe working environment by identifying workplace
hazards and taking corrective action when necessary
- Ensures employees have up-to-date information on safety
procedures and policies.
- Conducts daily Job Hazard Awareness meetings, daily stretching,
and weekly Toolbox topics.
- Complete daily record keeping including daily logs, equipment
schedules, material schedules, and timecards.
- Manages field personnel in fair and equitable manner in
accordance with Veit policies, procedures, as well as compliance
with local and federal laws.
- Addresses staff performance issues as they occur.
- Participates in pre-construction meetings to discuss project
start up and project planning. Prepares and participates in regular
job site meetings throughout the project lifecycle.
- Provides timely and accurate documentation for reporting safety
issues, equipment damage and workplace injuries, according to Veit
policies and procedures.
- Ensures all work follows specified quality standards. Inspects
field work for quality compliance, materials for quality compliance
and review assembly of manufacturer s literature and drawings
before work begins.
- Responds to inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory
agencies, or members of the business community.
- Regular participation in training for construction methods and
safety. Supports training opportunities for staff.Knowledge,
Skills, and Abilities
- Five to ten years experience as a Superintendent and/or Foreman
overseeing Heavy Industrial Demolition projects.
- OSHA 30-hour, HAZWOPER certificate, Excavating Safety Training,
Blueprint Training. CPR & First Aid preferred but not
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret policies, reports,
plans, specifications, and legal documents.
- Ability to use Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel spreadsheets,
iPad and iPhone.
- Ability to communicate and schedule project needs
- Good communication and ability to work with all levels of
management and employees, external vendors and other business
associates. Ability to understand, follow and transmit written and
oral instructions. Must have good interpersonal skills.
- Punctuality and dependability are required.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts. Ability to apply
concepts such as fractions, percentages ratios, and proportions to
practical field quantity situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and
draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety
of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal
with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Must possess the ability to satisfactorily perform each
essential duty and responsibility.Other
- Valid Driver s License and ability to maintain a satisfactory
Motor Vehicle Record.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Union affiliation or willingness to take the necessary steps to
join the union.
- Requires 80-100% domestic travel.Physical DemandsTo perform
this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. Ability to perform
manual work requiring periods of extensive physical exertion and
potential exposure to adverse weather conditions. Required to lift
and/or move up to 50 pounds. Often required to sit, stand, walk,
bend knees, stretch arms, stoop, kneel, talk and hear.Work
Environment:The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those employees encountered while performing the
essential functions of this job. Employee is exposed to
environmental conditions, working near machines and loud noises
associated with construction sites. Exposed to variable weather
conditions including rain, snow, wind, cold and heat. Also exposed
to variable terrain.VEIT does not accept recruiting agency
Keywords: VEIT, Milwaukee , Traveling Superintendent/Foreman (Demolition), Other , Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!