Company: Discovery Behavioral Health
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Job DescriptionThe Program Therapist works in a dynamic
multidisciplinary team providing treatment services according to
the Center for Discovery Clinical Model. Therapist responsibilities
include ensuring patient safety, providing milieu interventions,
leading psychoeducational and process-oriented therapy groups,
facilitate clinical assessments, conduct therapy sessions, and
other case management tasks, as assigned.**This position offers a
$2,000 Sign On Bonus**Essential Job Functions
- Ensures clinical documentation is completed timely throughout
the course of treatment.
- Establish therapeutic rapport with patients and families/loved
- Facilitates admission assessments and the admission process for
new patients with professionalism, courtesy, and a welcoming
- Understands role in providing expeditious access to care for
individuals seeking services.
- Participates in weekly treatment team and communicates weekly
treatment goals with all team members.--
- Completes appropriate number of therapy sessions weekly for
patients, including family/support system sessions aligned with the
patients-----TM level of careo-- -- RTC: two individual sessions
and one family/support system sessiono-- -- PHP: one individual
session and one family/support system sessiono-- -- IOP: one
therapeutic session -----" individual or family/support system,
as-- -- -- -- clinically indicated
- Facilitates process orientated and psychoeducation groups one
to two times, daily.
- Required to sit at a meal and/or snack a minimum of once per
- Facilitates multi-family groups, family program, and/or family
- Provides utilization reviews to insurance companies, providing
appropriate clinical information to obtain initial authorization
and continuing stay authorization, as necessary.
- Is appropriately accessible to family members or loved
- Assesses patients for suicidality and possibility of danger to
self or others.
- May provide additional clinical support for other members of
the clinical team in their absence.-- --
- Communicates with the Utilization Review Department and
Business Department regarding authorization and payment.
- Begins discharge planning on day of admission for all
- Completes discharge session with patient to ensure coping
skills, transition plan, and resources are understood and
- Ensures discharge appointments are confirmed with patient and
loved ones prior to discharge.
- -- Communicates with referral sources and outpatient providers
for continuity of care upon admission, midpoint, and
- Facilitates patient transfers to higher level of care, as
- Actively participates in clinical outreach and program tours,
- Effectively manages crises in sessions and the milieu.
- Provides support to milieu staff in their interactions with
patients and their loved ones.
- Works collaboratively with the entire treatment team and milieu
staff to ensure the highest level of clinical quality at all
- Completes other tasks, as requested or assigned.
- RTC Only: Provides on-call support to facility at least 1x per
month and returns all program phone calls within 20 minutes, while
on call. Communicates appropriately with On Call Administrator or
Regional Director regarding pertinent facility issues, while on
call.This is a full time-- position at one of our programs.-- For a
virtual tour of the facility, please visit our website at
- Master-----TMs or Doctorate degree in relevant field,
- Holds active state license
- Two years of experience working in the mental health field,
- One year of experience working with eating disorders,
- Obtain CPI certification within 90 days of hire
- Obtain CPR, AED, and First Aid certification within 90 days of
- Obtain ServSafe certification within 90 day of hire
- Must possess a current driver-----TMs license and be in good
standingAdditional InformationWe are proud to be an EEO employer
M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform
pre-employment substance abuse testing.-- All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to age,
race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.For more information
about our company benefits, please visit us at
discoverybehavioralhealth.com/careers/-- PandoLogic. , Location:
Franklin, WI - 53132
Keywords: Discovery Behavioral Health, Milwaukee , Behavioral Counselor, Other , Franklin, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!