Company: COST of Wisconsin, Inc.
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionSalary: Shift: M – F; 7:00am – 3:30pm; potential
for some weekend and/or on-call hoursEmployment Type: Direct hire;
non-exemptSummaryCOST is a specialty theme construction company
that creates custom projects for museums, theme and water parks,
aquariums, zoological exhibits, and other unique assignments. The
Yard Supervisor is responsible for management of fleet, equipment
and mechanic shop operations for two Jackson, WI based sister
companies inclusive of employee management with emphasis on
monitoring safety, general work duties and schedules in accordance
with company policy. This role will oversee, plan and direct all
fleet movement and transportation of equipment and materials
between all interstate pick up and drop off locations.Essential
Duties and Responsibilities
- Directs and supervises a team of five or less employees to
ensure quality of work performed meets company and customer
standards. Self performs repairs or other work when and where
- Maintains a professional team of employees by mentoring,
coaching and developing employees inclusive of addressing
- Adheres and meets schedule and project requirements for
completion of department duties with focus on meeting logistic
needs. Prepares trucks for shipping runs and facilitates safe
loading and unloading of fleet vehicles.
- Ensures all fleet vehicles and equipment are operable through
routine and seasonal maintenance; trouble shoots and triages
- Regularly inspects work for quality and timeliness; prepares
and provides progress reports as needed.
- Reviews and approves timecards and requests for time off.
- Communicates and enforces safety procedures and other company
rules and guidelines.
- Participates in the development and administration of fleet
procurement and budget, including the purchase and customization of
vehicles and equipment for each department.
- Maintains mechanic shop functions, including shop inventory,
supplies and equipment, including fuel, oil and chemicals, and all
parts and materials needed for repairs and customizing.
- Procures and coordinate with outside vendors for work that may
be beyond time and/or capacity scope for mechanic shop staff.
- Maintains necessary documentation including license tabs, title
cards, insurance, certification, and inspection records; codes and
processes invoices for billing.
- Responds to questions and concerns from internal vehicle and
- Stays current with all DOT, OSHA, etc. requirements for vehicle
and equipment safety; communicates updates as needed.
- Maintains availability for emergency situations.
- Reviews, recommends, and implements appropriate internal and
external training programs.
- Recommends improvements in methods and procedures.
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as requested or
required.Knowledge and Skill
- Motivator who sparks enthusiasm while directly promoting and
implementing organizational policies and procedures.
- Analytical thinker who logically breaks down problems and looks
- Flexible to change, and able to multitask and shift direction
based on changing needs and deadlines.
- Experienced in a managerial and/or supervisory role(s) or
demonstrates leadership skills and capabilities.
- Carries a valid driver's license and maintains a satisfactory
driving history. Able to pass a DOT physical, drug test, background
- Demonstrates verbal and written communication skills.
- Associates degree in electrical, mechanical, or related field
preferred; or high school diploma or GED combined with 4 years of
relevant work experience; or other applicable professional
- Able to operate a variety of trucks and light, medium and heavy
equipment and tools: hand tools, automotive lifts and other
hydraulics, and all company owned equipment and vehicles for
purposes of repair and maintenance.
- Demonstrated understanding of welding principles.
- Significant attention to safety standard, procedures, and
- Rapid response and accurate problem solving in emergency repair
- Prioritization skills to triage and appropriately repair
- Able to read, interpret and understand documents such as safety
rules, operating and maintenance instruction, procedure manuals and
- Proficient computer skills to include internet navigation,
email use, and Microsoft Office use.Benefits
- Company credit card for company purchases and travel
- Company cell phone
- Paid time off
- 8 paid holidays
- Company paid basic life and long term disability insurance
- Medical insurance
- Voluntary insurance: dental, short term disability, term life,
critical illness, and accident insurance
- Quarterly variable pay bonusPhysical Demands
- Use hands to handle or feel; stand; walk; climb or balance;
stop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk and hear.
- Close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision,
depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Lift 70 lbs. floor to waist; lift 90 lbs. waist to chest; lift
25 lbs. chest to overhead; carry 50 lbs. over a distance of 50 ft.;
push a 100 lbs. wheeled cart over a distance of 100 ft.; and drag
50 lbs. over a distance of 100 ft. Work Environment
- Exposed to typical noises and smells associated with the
production environment, such as exposure to fumes or airborne
particles and production machinery. Noise level is moderate to
loud. The above statements reflect the general details necessary to
describe the principle functions of the occupation and shall not be
construed as a detailed description of all the work that may be
inherent in the occupation. COST of Wisconsin, Inc. is an equal
employment opportunity workplace.
Keywords: COST of Wisconsin, Inc., Milwaukee , Yard Supervisor, Other , Jackson, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!