Company: Discovery Behavioral Health
Posted on: May 17, 2022
The Program Therapist works in a dynamic multidisciplinary team
providing treatment services according to the Center for Discovery
Clinical Model. Therapist responsibilities include ensuring patient
safety, providing milieu interventions, leading psychoeducational
and process-oriented therapy groups, facilitate clinical
assessments, conduct therapy sessions, and other case management
tasks, as assigned.**This position offers a $2,000 Sign On
Bonus**Essential Job Functions
- Ensures clinical documentation is completed timely throughout
the course of treatment.
- Establish therapeutic rapport with patients and families/loved
- Facilitates admission assessments and the admission process for
new patients with professionalism, courtesy, and a welcoming
- Understands role in providing expeditious access to care for
individuals seeking services.
- Participates in weekly treatment team and communicates weekly
treatment goals with all team members. -
- Completes appropriate number of therapy sessions weekly for
patients, including family/support system sessions aligned with the
patients' level of careo - -RTC: two individual sessions and one
family/support system sessiono - - PHP: one individual session and
one family/support system sessiono - - IOP: one therapeutic session
- individual or family/support system, as - - - - clinically
- Facilitates process orientated and psychoeducation groups one
to two times, daily.
- Required to sit at a meal and/or snack a minimum of once per
- Facilitates multi-family groups, family program, and/or family
- Provides utilization reviews to insurance companies, providing
appropriate clinical information to obtain initial authorization
and continuing stay authorization, as necessary.
- Is appropriately accessible to family members or loved
- Assesses patients for suicidality and possibility of danger to
self or others.
- May provide additional clinical support for other members of
the clinical team in their absence. - -
- Communicates with the Utilization Review Department and
Business Department regarding authorization and payment.
- Begins discharge planning on day of admission for all
- Completes discharge session with patient to ensure coping
skills, transition plan, and resources are understood and
- Ensures discharge appointments are confirmed with patient and
loved ones prior to discharge.
- -Communicates with referral sources and outpatient providers
for continuity of care upon admission, midpoint, and
- Facilitates patient transfers to higher level of care, as
- Actively participates in clinical outreach and program tours,
as needed. -
- Effectively manages crises in sessions and the milieu.
- Provides support to milieu staff in their interactions with
patients and their loved ones.
- Works collaboratively with the entire treatment team and milieu
staff to ensure the highest level of clinical quality at all
- Completes other tasks, as requested or assigned.
- RTC Only: Provides on-call support to facility at least 1x per
month and returns all program phone calls within 20 minutes, while
on call. Communicates appropriately with On Call Administrator or
Regional Director regarding pertinent facility issues, while on
call.This is a full time -position at one of our programs. - For a
virtual tour of the facility, please visit our website at
- Master's or Doctorate degree in relevant field, required
- Holds active state license
- Two years of experience working in the mental health field,
- One year of experience working with eating disorders,
- Obtain CPI certification within 90 days of hire
- Obtain CPR, AED, and First Aid certification within 90 days of
- Obtain ServSafe certification within 90 day of hire
- Must possess a current driver's license and be in good
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free
workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. -All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, or national
origin.For more information about our company benefits, please
visit us at discoverybehavioralhealth.com/careers/ -PandoLogic. ,
Location: Mequon, WI - 53097 , PL: 529142353
Keywords: Discovery Behavioral Health, Milwaukee , Behavioral Counselor, Other , Mequon, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!