Company: Kelly Services
Location: Oak Creek
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Kelly Services is actively recruiting for a QC Tech. in the Food
and Beverage Industry for a Temp to Hire opportunity in Greater
South Milwaukee area, WI. 2nd shift is 2:30pm-10pm,
Mon-FridayPay:$21 an hour with a $0.50 differential for 2nd
shift.Will ensure quality standards throughout the plant. They
shall be responsible for analyzing product samples
organoleptically, and may be asked to perform chemistry and
microbiological analysis to ensure the product is in specification
guidelines for Client and its Customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
- Assist in performing in-house micro-testing on raw materials
and finished products to include, but not limited to, Total Plate
- Yeast and Molds, Coli forms, E.Coli, and Salmonella. In case of
deviations, follow defined policies and procedures. Inspect and
record incoming raw materials according to approved Quality Control
procedures and if deviation occurs follow defined policies and
- Inspection of the Blending tanks, Packaging tanks, and Grinding
equipment throughout the plant, and any required sanitation checks
as needed to ensure cleanliness. If deviations are found follow
defined policies and procedures.
- Cleaning checks at week end shut downs including equipment and
areas throughout the plant and if deviations are found follow
defined policies and procedures.
- Check finished blending, packaging, and grinding samples for
ingredient contents, color, flavor, and any other pertinent
analysis for the product.
- Conduct chemical analysis including, but not limited to: sieve,
moisture, salt, nitrite percentage, flow rates, color unit analysis
and volatile oil.
- Take part in the ASTA and AOAC Split Sample performance tests.
Write up Quality Incidents and place "HOLD" stickers on any
products not in compliance with Client's or its customers'
- Prepare customers' orders for shipment in advance. This
includes creating Certificates of Analysis and marking pallets to
- Familiarize oneself with the product specifications of Client
and its customers to ensure compliance.
- General lab maintenance including, but not limited to,
transferring retains, cleaning retain drawers, cleaning the
autoclave, cleaning the water bath, preparing dilution solutions,
preparing media and washing glassware.
- Help with the enforcement of Good Manufacturing Practices
through production supervisors, team leads, and management. Any
other duty or task as required or assigned. KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Bachelor of Science degree, or experience in a Quality Control
setting within the food industry is preferred.
- Ability to communicate and interact with all levels of
employees throughout the organization.
- Ability to conduct mathematical analysis and statistical
- Ability to solve challenges with defined polices and objectives
by analyzing, evaluation and synthesizing.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and
draw valid conclusion.
- Ability to interpret and extensive variety of technical
instructions in mathematical or diagram form and understand
abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business
periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or
- Ability to write reports and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from groups of managers, clients and customers.
- Ability to participate in regulatory reviews, involvements and
interactions. PHYSCIAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Requires the ability to occasionally move and or push 50lbs
with or without assistance.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the
time, and occasionally move about the facility.
- Ability to work with different computer software programs,
including but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to detect, determine and identify when there is a
quality incident and use judgment to determine corrective
- Ability to exchange accurate information with customers,
clients and outside contacts who have questions about quality
- Ability to operate office machinery, including but not limited
to; fax machines, calculators, copy machines, scanners, and
- Works frequently in an office, lab environment and occasionally
moves around the production facility. COMPETENCIES
- Quality and Quantity
- Safety Awareness
- Teamwork If you feel you have the knowledge and expertise,
apply today to connect with a Kelly professional who will work to
enrich your life.#TJP2022_SPEC #P2
Keywords: Kelly Services, Milwaukee , QC Tech., Other , Oak Creek, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!