Supervisor, Accts Receivable
Company: Brookdale Corporate - Milwaukee
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Overview:Must live within 2 1/2 hours from Milwaukee WI as this
is on a Hybrid work schedule.Make Lives Better Including Your
Own.If you want to work in an environment where you can become your
best possible self, join us! You'll earn more than a paycheck; you
can find opportunities to grow your career through professional
development, as well as ongoing programs catered to your overall
health and wellness.Full suite of health insurance, life insurance
and retirement plans are available and vary by employment status.
Additional benefits offered include, but are not limited to:
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Pet Insurance
- Adoption Reimbursement Benefits
- Variety of Associate DiscountsVeterans, transitioning active
duty military personnel, and military spouses are encouraged to
apply.Please note, Brookdale is committed to complying with all
applicable laws and regulations regarding mandatory COVID-19
vaccination.Responsibilities:Oversees the day-to-day management of
the accounts receivable function and department personnel. Ensures
the accurate and timely processing of all payments.
- Oversees the daily operations of the accounts receivable
department and ensures achievement of goals and objectives,
directly or through subordinate staff.
- Processes month end close including posting revenue and
occupancy statistics. Generates and distributes month end reports
and responds to report inquiries.
- Reviews customer's accounts for possible collection
- Oversees the collection procedures and miscellaneous
- Maintains accuracy of data and ensures deadlines are met.
- Monitors training of accounts receivable staff and field
- Works with other departments to research and solve issues
related to payments and invoices.
- Provides and distributes reports to other departments and field
staff as needed.
- Monitors all A/R policies and procedures; recommends and
- Oversees department budget, including staff salary
- Reviews staff work assignments and reassigns as necessary.
- Reconciles A/R balance between general ledger and A/R
- Develops, coaches, and mentors staff. Conducts performance
evaluations, recommends salary adjustments; schedules and approves
overtime; takes disciplinary action as necessary.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities
for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent
a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should
perform all duties as assigned by his/her
supervisor.Qualifications:Education and Experience
Associate's degree in accounting, business or related field from a
two-year college or technical school and a minimum of one to three
years related experience; or equivalent combination of education
and experience. Previous supervisory experience preferred.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Uses limited independent judgment to make decisions based on
precedents and established guidelines. Solves problems using
standard procedures and precedents. Knows when to refer issues to
supervisor and when to handle them personally.
Knowledge and Skills
Has a working knowledge of a skill or discipline that requires
basic analytic ability. Has an overall understanding of the work
environment and process. Has working knowledge of the
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: Up to 25 pounds
- Requires Travel: Occasionally
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free
Keywords: Brookdale Corporate - Milwaukee, Milwaukee , Supervisor, Accts Receivable, Other , Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!