CNC General Foreman
Company: Toolcraft Machining
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Overall ResponsibilityThe General Foreman will be responsible
for overseeing the department operations. Responsible for managing
daily output to meet company goals, maintain employee safety,
staffing, training, and performance management. Oversees lean
initiatives and seeks continuous improvement in all areas of
responsibility. Reports to the VP of Operations.Key
- Obtain job folders from VP of Operations.
- Assign leadman, if appropriate (i.e. larger projects).
- Review and complete routings, complete tooling check, complete
material list and verify print dimensions and tolerances.
- After routing approval, distribute jobs in accordance with the
- Manage tooling inventory management system.
- Monitor job progress and communicate scheduling concerns, if
any, to VP of Operations as they arise.
- Communicate any concerns with job estimates with respective
- Monitor efficiencies and quality of work performed.
- Develop and implement process improvements.
- Identify and communicate the need for job support to
- Assist Engineering to research, develop, and implement new
tooling & workholding.
- Communicate any quality related issues to the Quality Manager
and assist with any quality related improvements required.
- Oversee training and supervision of all new production
employees and apprentices.
- Ensure that vendor and/or customer parts that arrive are
inspected upon receipt prior to commencing work.
- Perform annual evaluations of all department employees under
your supervision and communicate results to human resource
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.Experience /
Education RequirementsHigh school diploma, GED or equivalent.5-10
years of machine experience required.5+ years experience as a
machine shop lead/supervisorKnowledge in GD&T and associated
quality inspection systems3-5 years Mastercam programming and
editing (preferred)Skills/AbilitiesFigure it Out attitude Company
nicheGeneral knowledge of steel material types and conditions and
their effect on the manufacturing process.Ability to read and
understand general machining and geometric tolerances.Proficiency
in using basic measuring tools: micrometers (ID & OD), calipers,
etc.Extensive experience with CNC equipment, programming, tooling
fixturing, speeds & feeds, operating sequences.Strong
organizational, time management, ability to develop and meet
production deadlines.Proven analytical, problem solving, and
process improvement ability.Demonstrated ability to manage multiple
tasks and priorities and easily adapt to changing situations and
priorities.Experience leading people and obtaining results through
others, with excellent verbal and written communication
skills.Proficient in MS Office products Excel, PowerPoint, and
Word.You should be proficient in:
- Blueprint Reading
- CAD Software
- CAD/CAM Software
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Experience in a Manufacturing Environment
- ISO 9001 Certification Experience
- ITAR Registration Experience
- Lean Manufacturing Principles
- Machine Setups for Production Runs
- Quality Inspection Experience
- Troubleshooting CNC Machines
- Mechanical Troubleshooting SkillsMachines & technologies you'll
- Boring Mill (Hurco, Toshiba)
- CAD Software (Solidworks)
- CAM Software (Mastercam, Siemens NX, Promill)
- CNC Lathe (2-4 axis) (Dmg Mori Seiki)
- CNC Lathe (5+ axis) (Dmg Mori Seiki)
- CNC Mill (3-4 axis VMC) (Hurco)
- CNC Mill (5+ axis VMC) (Dmg Mori Seiki)
- ERP Software
- Horizontal Machining Center (3-4 axis) (Dmg Mori Seiki)
- Horizontal Machining Center (5+ axis)
- Manual Lathe
- Manual Grinder
- Manual Vertical Mill
- Overhead Crane
- Vertical Lathe (Toshiba)
Keywords: Toolcraft Machining, Milwaukee , CNC General Foreman, Other , Germantown, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!