Company: Yamato Corporation
Posted on: November 26, 2022
JOB FUNCTION: Reviews customer projects and products to determine
which and if company machinery will be able to meet their
requirements as outlined. Completes engineering projects in
accordance with customer specifications and within schedule and
budget limitations, coordinating activities of engineering, sales,
and vendors.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Based on customer's requests for quotes, issues engineering
proposals and performance guarantees based on product
- Requests customers to send in products for evaluation to ensure
proposal can be issued correctly.
- Corresponds with Yamato Japan to confirm proposals have correct
pricing for machinery and parts.
- Prepares equipment purchase orders based on customer scales or
- Assigns customer, demo and show equipment based on required
- Maintains stock inventory and history of company
- Monitors progress of development project and compares actual
costs with estimates.
- Works with design group to modify plans as appropriate if
- Reviews and studies existing equipment, facilities, systems,
and processes to improve efficiency, increase quality, and reduce
- Travels to customer locations as required to troubleshoot
problems with machinery and/or products.
- Assists OEM's with interfacing as well as optimizing the
performance of packaging machine and scale.
- Assists Yamato sales with training, proper proposal quotes, and
possible customer visits.
- Provide training for both new and existing personnel on new and
developed Yamato equipment.
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical /electrical engineering or
equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Excellent communications and organizational skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Familiarity with ISO 9000 design requirements, experience with
Auto CAD or similar mechanical CAD drafting package, as well as
general computer skills including Microsoft Office products.
- Valid driver's license and insurable.
- Requires passport to travel outside of the United States.
- Eligibility on first day of employment for company-paid
benefits such as health, dental, vision, life insurance, short- and
long-term disability subject to plan terms.**Yamato currently pays
for 100% of the health, dental and vision premiums!!!
- Eligibility for 401(k) plan on 1st day of month following 30
days of service with a company match of 4% on employee deferral of
5% or more. Additionally, you are fully vested in the employer
match on Day1 if enrolled in the plan!
- 18 paid time off (PTO) days accrued by calendar year.
- Ten (10) Company-paid holidays per calendar yearLearn more at
Keywords: Yamato Corporation, Milwaukee , Applications Engineer, Other , Grafton, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!