Machine Setup Operator: Brake & Punch Press Experience
Company: Lakeside Manufacturing, Inc
Posted on: January 25, 2023
From Lakeside's beginning in May of 1946, we have been unique in
our ability to work together to provide outstanding products and
services to our customers. We have a long heritage of innovation
starting with our founders. We also enjoy a respect and commitment
from our customers because we have been honest and straight forward
in our dealings with them. This consistency and effort has earned
Lakeside the reputation of being a top-quality company with whom to
do business. Our reputation of integrity in the marketplace can
only be sustained if we always do what we say we are going to do.
This means always being honest and consistent. Delivering
consistent excellent service and products presents us with our
biggest challenge and also our biggest opportunity.
Our future success will be driven by our ability to quickly design
and deliver new product solutions that meet the ever-changing needs
of our customers. This is no small task since we sell our product
in partnership with manufacturer's representatives and distributors
who, in turn, sell to end-users worldwide. This means that we need
to be constantly listening to what the end-user, our reps and our
distributors are saying about our products, our services, and our
performance. Then we need to be able to take what we hear and blend
that into what we do.
Our vision is to create an agile organization that has a "can do"
behavior that is easy and enjoyable to do business with.
* Customer Focused - Our shared goals and actions are defined
through understanding, meeting, and exceeding our customers'
current and future needs.
* Continuous Improvement - Our effort in creative continuous
improvement allows us to be flexible and responsive.
* Information Driven - Our collection and analysis of easy-to-use
information allows everyone to make well-informed decisions.
* Cooperative Atmosphere -We encourage, develop, and combine our
individual talents to allow everyone to be part of rewarding team
Under the direction of the Group Leader, the Set-up I sets up and
operates machines to produce parts for the assembly operations,
ensuring the highest possible quality at the lowest possible cost,
while meeting customer specifications and delivery requirements and
company performance standards, in accordance with the
organization's Code Of Conduct and Operating and Guiding
Principles, and maintaining a positive work atmosphere by his/her
behavior and communications to others.
1. Setup and operate all of the following machinery:
a. Small mechanical press breaks and small mechanical punch
b. Deburring machines
d. Large shear
e. Cold saw
f. Drill table
g. Hand bender
2. Perform first piece inspection to ensure parts meet
3. Read parts lists, blueprints, and drawings.
4. Perform all required routine and minor maintenance activities
according to Company procedures.
5. Complete and maintain all required paperwork, records,
6. Follow and comply with all safety and work rules and
7. Maintain departmental housekeeping standards.
ABILITIES, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. A High School diploma or GED equivalent are required.
2. Previous related experience is preferred.
3. Must be able to read blueprints, tape measure, micrometer,
square, and protractor.
4. Must be able to operate hand tools and perform data entry on
5. Must be able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units
of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
6. Must be able to successfully pass forklift certification.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
a. Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and
occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
b. Vision requirements include close vision, peripheral vision,
depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Keywords: Lakeside Manufacturing, Inc, Milwaukee , Machine Setup Operator: Brake & Punch Press Experience, Other , Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!