Machine Operator (2nd/3rd Shifts) - Horicon
Company: Metalcraft of Mayville
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Reporting to the Shift Supervisor, the Machine Center operator
produces machined parts by programming, setting up, and operating a
computer numerical control (CNC) machine; maintaining quality and
safety standards; keeping records; maintaining equipment and
* Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering
plans, materials, specifications, orthographic drawings, reference
planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters;
interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
* Plans stock inventory by checking stock to determine amount
available; anticipating needed stock; placing and expediting orders
for stock; verifying receipt of stock.
* Programs mills and lathes by entering instructions, including
zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets,
compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements,
including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part
* Sets-up mills and lathes by installing and adjusting three- and
four-jaw chucks, tools, attachments, collets, bushings, cams,
gears, stops, and stock pushers; indicating vices; tramming
* Loads feed mechanism by lifting stock into position.
* Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and
sample workpieces; adhering to international standards.
* Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and
cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing
operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions;
troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls;
sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance
procedures and processes.
* Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and
* Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance
requirements; following manufacturer's instructions;
troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
* Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and
communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
* Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational
opportunities; reading technical publications.
* Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for
accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities
to add value to job accomplishments.
* Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to efficiently work in a team and coordinate work with
* Aptitude to take orders and execute the same efficiently
* High school degree, diploma or a GED equivalent qualification
from is accredited institution.
* Demonstrated detail orientation, self motivation skills and
ability to multi-task
* 2-5 years experience in tool or machine room is preferred or
trade school certification.
* Knowledge of blueprints and specifications for machinery.
Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities encouraged to
Keywords: Metalcraft of Mayville, Milwaukee , Machine Operator (2nd/3rd Shifts) - Horicon, Other , Horicon, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!