Saddle Stitch Operator
Posted on: January 27, 2023
As a global marketing experience company, Quad's goal is to help
our clients win every day. We use our data-driven integrated
marketing and manufacturing platform to streamline solutions for
our clients, reduce friction and enhance their marketing spend
effectiveness. We've built a rich legacy by believing in our
people, allowing them to act like owners and to take charge of
their own success. Whether an operator, sales rep, a graphic artist
or a clinician, we're all driven to perform at our best- for
ourselves and our clients. At our core, we're a company that
believes we can always create a better way.
Descriptions & Qualifications - External Quad is currently hiring
Essential Workers who want to make a difference - Imagine more than
you have today. Your career starts here. Be greater than you
thought possible and reap the rewards of your success and growth.
We are in the business of developing people. Promotions are based
on your performance - You are in charge of your career! At Quad
wages for Saddle Stitch Operators are between $22.50 - $29.50/hr.
depending on experience. You have immediate opportunities to
advance - driving you to be better than yesterday. As your career
progresses, there are multiple upward paths available, as we are
continuously looking for our next group of leaders to excel within
the organization. One of Quad's largest mega plants and world
headquarters is located in Sussex, WI. Sussex has been rated one of
the "Best Places to Raise Kids" and is one of the top school
systems in Southeastern Wisconsin. Sussex has outstanding parks,
trails, and golf courses and is nestled in between the two largest
cities in the state, Milwaukee, and Madison. The Sussex plant is
just over 1.7 million square feet in size, CLIMATE CONTROLLED, and
home to innovative equipment and technology. Our employees and
their families have access to a nearby medical clinic, and onsite
fitness center, as well as many recreational outdoor activities
like sand volleyball, baseball, and basketball courts which are
free for employees and their families to enjoy. We offer
competitive pay, health, dental, pharmacy, and life insurance,
401k, vacation, and other great benefits. Quad is a Wisconsin-based
company, which is among the largest magazine and direct-mail
printers in the U.S. Our company leverages its strong print
foundation as part of a much larger, robust integrated marketing
services platform that helps marketers and content creators improve
the efficiency and effectiveness of their marketing spend across
offline and online media channels. Quad is closely following the
2019 Novel Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) and implementing
processes that promote the safety of our employees, candidates,
customers, and communities. We follow CDC and local health
authorities, and federal and state governments along with best
practices and recommendations from our healthcare subsidiary,
QuadMed. BE YOUR OWN SUCCESS STORY. BE SOMETHING GREATER. BE QUAD.
Position Overview: Quad is seeking Saddle Stitch Operators for the
Sussex, Wisconsin plant. Experience with Goss 855, 2200, and/or
2500 is highly desirable. Will consider candidates that have run
other types of Saddle Stitch equipment as well. Job Duties include
but are not limited to:
- Operate machines effectively and safely according to standards
to ensure a quality product.
- Perform and document preventative and routine maintenance as
needed or assigned.
- Make ready the stacker, tiers, mail head, and mail
- Make ready and run all aspects of the saddle stitcher (pockets,
gatherer, stitcher heads, in feed, trimmer, mail table, mail head,
- Make-ready and run demographic and inkjet.
- Fill in for other master operators when needed.
- Assist other master operators with start-ups as possible when
your own line is down.
- Support material handlers during continuous and self-supported
running (including mail-sacking, skid stacking, pocket filling,
cover filling, etc.) and give work direction during downtime and
- Read and understand binding instructions, and mailing
instructions, and support the BCS system.
- Ensure proper functioning of safety devices (i.e., guards, stop
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment.
- Perform additional tasks as needed or assigned. Qualifications
- Demonstrated skill in mechanics/mechanical aptitude
- Ability to read and interpret binding/mailing instructions and
operating / maintenance manuals
- Knowledge of department safety practices
- Good understanding of all Bindery functions/procedures
- Good understanding of the co-palletization process,
demographics, and selective binding processes
- Good understanding of primary causes and remedies for various
- Ability to recognize, identify, analyze, and communicate
problem situations and/or factors
- Basic computer skills including a good understanding of the BCS
- Willingness to move to other machines
- Willingness to work overtime on unscheduled days
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Effective communication skills; both oral and written
- Ability to work easily and productively with others and with
- You will work a compressed 3- and 4-day work week geared toward
balancing work and family life (12-hour rotating shift (either 7
a.m. - 7 p.m. or 7 p.m. - 7 a.m.) including days, nights, weekends,
and holidays). Essential functions of this job include the
following: the ability to lift 10-20 pounds continuously, the
ability to lift up to seventy pounds occasionally, stand for long
hours, use hands and wrists continuously in controlled movement,
receive and follow instructions and use vision in order to identify
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including
401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values
diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging - a
space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to
exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any
unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin,
disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age,
marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other
basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Quad
also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any
of these protected categories.
Keywords: Quad, Milwaukee , Saddle Stitch Operator, Other , Delafield, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!