Training Lead Tech
Posted on: January 27, 2023
By clicking the "Apply" button, I understand that my employment
application process with Takeda will commence and that the
information I provide in my application will be processed in line
that all information I submit in my employment application is true
to the best of my knowledge.
About BioLife Plasma Services
Every day at BioLife, we feel good knowing that what we do helps
improve the lives of patients with rare diseases. While you focus
on our donors, we'll support you. We offer a purpose you can
believe in, a team you can count on, opportunities for career
growth, and a comprehensive benefits program, all in a fast-paced,
BioLife Plasma Services is a subsidiary of Takeda Pharmaceutical
Responsible for assisting the Training Supervisor in the general
administration of the center area training program. Is able to
perform all technical tasks required within the work areas and will
work in these areas as a Lead Technician when not acting as the
Training Lead. Fully trained in all Medical History, Phlebotomy,
and Sample Processing job skills. Position will provide oversight
of operational flow, assist in training new and existing employees,
and pro- vide leadership to staff.
All below listed responsibilities must be completed in compliance
with federal, state, local and company-specific regulations related
to quality of product, employee and donor safety, and to the proper
performance of day-to-day activities. Employees must also maintain
complete and accurate records, in accordance with cGMP.
- Perform duties associated with Training (including but not
limited to): (40%)
- Maintains complete and accurate records to ensure that all
personnel are competent to perform their assigned duties.
- Reviews employee training materials to meet initial and annual
- Ensures timely completion of cross-training and annual
- Monitors center training needs and performs cross-training,
re-training, SOP training, preventative action training and other
training as needed.
- Works closely with the Training Supervisor and management team
to communicate center/employee needs as they relate to
- Communicates regularly with the Training Supervisor and Center
Management to ensure compliance with training requirements and that
adequate support is provided to employees in the work area.
- Review Quality Control Records as applicable and assigned
- Maintain certification and perform all required duties in the
area of Phlebotomy (including, but not limited to): (10%)
- Perform venipuncture of donors and programming of
- Monitor donors during donation process and manage donor
- Perform all duties required for the setup, verification,
operation, and trouble-shooting of plasmapheresis equipment per
SOP, within scope of training. Also, maintain and calibrate
equipment. Maintain certification and perform all required duties
in the area of Medical History (including, but not limited to):
- Take and record donor pulse, blood pressure, and temperature
measures and monitor electronic donor questionnaire system.
- Perform fingerstick, test sample, and record other donor
measures to include hematocrit, total protein and weight.
- Enter donor information into the Donor Information System
- Coordinate donors to donor floor and compensate donors using
the Debit Card system.
- Maintain certification and perform all required duties in the
area of Sample Processing (including, but not limited to): (10%)
- Prepare units for frozen storage.
- Collect and store samples from plasma units for testing.
- Perform routine maintenance on the freezer including monitoring
freezer and refrigerator temperatures and removing ice
- Prepare frozen plasma units and samples for shipping following
- Manage supplies, assist management team with inventory control
procedures, break down empty car- tons and assist with proper
- Maintain certification and perform all required duties of Lead
Technician (including, but not limited to): (20%)
- Monitors the production areas and donor flow to ensure
employees meet goals and comply with company quality standards and
- Perform change of lot number for soft goods.
- Perform quarterly and annual tube sealer cleaning
- Prepare a non-conforming event log entry, counsel employees on
Level 1 non-conforming events, and enter appropriate information
- Coordinates and performs new employee orientation, including
company background, health and safety requirements, policies and
procedures and other company expectations. (10%) DIMENSIONS AND
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
- A minimum of one year of relevant work experience, or an
equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Prior certification in all three primary operational areas of
the plasma center (Medical Historian, Phlebotomy, and Processing
- Completion of all training through Lead Technician.
- Demonstrated understanding of center operations in an
- Effective communication, organizational, and
- Demonstrated work history of above average performance,
customer service, and attendance.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and direct the work of others
and resolve conflicts effectively.
- Supports the center management team in identifying operational
opportunities for continuous improvement, initiating changes to
center processes as needed, through use of company approved
procedures (including but not limited to 5S, Value Stream Mapping
- Maintain general cleanliness of work area and assist other work
areas as needed to ensure a clean and professional
- Ability to read and follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
and to maintain complete and accurate records. Leadership
- Putting the patient at the center
- Building trust with society
- Reinforcing our reputation
- Developing the business Decision-making and Autonomy
- Refers to Center Manager for guidance on complex, medium-impact
or above decisions (internal)
- Refers to management team for escalated donor/employee concerns
- Responsible for providing exceptional customer service to
donors (external) and fellow employees (internal)
- Attend staff meetings and other team meetings as required.
- Good verbal communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work as a team player. Innovation
- Coordinates will all other center roles to effectively problem
solve, ensure safety of staff and donors, and provide an
exceptional customer experience. Complexity
- Production environment requiring the ability to walk and stand
for the entire work shift.
- Requires frequent leaning, bending, stooping, crouching, and
reaching above the shoulders and below the knee.
- Requires frequent lifting up to 26 lbs. and occasional lifting
of materials 32 lbs. - 50 lbs.
- Must have fine motor coordination, depth perception, and
ability to hear equipment sounds from a distance.
- Due to potential exposure to blood borne pathogens (risk level
1), 90% of work tasks require pro-longed glove wear EDUCATION,
BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
Essential: High School Diploma or equivalent required
Desired: Associate or Bachelor's degree preferred
- FLSA Classification (US) - Non-Exempt
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned. EEO
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce
and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression,
parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship
status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status,
status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other
protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and
local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.
USA - WI - Milwaukee
Keywords: Takeda, Milwaukee , Training Lead Tech, Other , Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!