Student Account Representative
Company: Milwaukee School of Engineering (MSOE)
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Student Account RepresentativeMilwaukee , WI Job
DescriptionMilwaukee School of Engineering (MSOE) invites
applications for a full-time Student Accounts Representative to
join our Student Accounts team. The Student Account Representative
will provide front line friendly and helpful service to students,
faculty, staff, and others. These services include, but are not
limited to, answering department phone, correspondence using
department email, processing payments and offering assistance when
Essential Job Functions
- Respond to student questions regarding their accounts,
accepting payments, and coordinating information with student
accounting and collections.
- Provide direct service in-person, via phone, and/or email
regarding account balances, payments, collections, and other
inquiries - managing the department phone and email.
- Receive, verify, record, and process payments for students and
non-students in an accurate and timely manner.
- Prepare and notify Financial Aid office regarding adjustments
needed to student accounts.
- Assist students and families with payment plan
- Coordinate and manage billing for the following groups:
- International third party organizations
- VA Chapter 31, ROTC, and DVR
- Coordinate the Tuition Reimbursement program.
- Process monthly retiree insurance premium payments.
- Provide receipt reports to various subsidiary groups and upon
- Open, sort, and route mail to appropriate personnel.
- Assist with department mailings - student refunds and
collection activities as needed.
- Assist with bank deposit and cash reports as needed.
- Work collaboratively with Student Financial Services and other
campus departments regarding payment information and address
- Assist in the development and maintenance of departmental
policies and procedures.
- Maintain confidentiality of records and information.
- Assume additional duties as assigned by immediate
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and
may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as
management may deem necessary from time to time.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in campus activities including: new student
orientation, student info sessions, Welcome Weekend, and other
events as needed.
Education & Experience:
- Associate's degree and related experience (banking, cashiering,
and/or accounting); 1-3 years of customer service/financial
industry experience; experience with cash handling and other forms
of point-of-sale payments; familiarity with accounting principles
Knowledge & Abilities:
- Understanding of cash handling practices; strong commitment to
exceptional customer service and the preservation of
confidentiality; strong attention to detail; willing to be hands-on
and work closely with students and families; ability to accurately
handle multiple tasks and provide customer service simultaneously
in a fast-paced environment; ability to work independently,
efficiently, and effectively; ability to work in a team
environment; and knowledge and understanding of FERPA .
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to
speak effectively before others. Ability to effectively communicate
in both written and oral form.
- Ability to use numbers to solve problems involving concrete
variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out written
or oral instructions.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is largely
sedentary, the ability to move is required. The employee is
occasionally required to traverse within their work area as well as
other areas on campus.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This
role uses standard office equipment, including but not limited to
computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax
The above statements reflect the general details necessary to
describe the principle functions of the occupation described and
shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work
requirements that may be inherent in the occupation. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
It is the policy of MSOE to provide equal employment opportunity to
all individuals regardless of their race, ethnicity, color, creed,
religion, sex, age, national origin, physical or mental disability,
military and veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity,
genetic characteristics, marital status or any other characteristic
protected by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to
all jobs at the University and to all the terms, benefits, and
conditions of employment/enrollment.
Job Code: 222Job SummaryCompanyMilwaukee School of Engineering
(MSOE)Start DateASAPEmployment Term and TypeRegular, Full TimeHours
per Week40Work Hours (i.e. shift)8am - 4:30pmRequired
EducationAssociate DegreeRequired ExperienceOpen
Keywords: Milwaukee School of Engineering (MSOE), Milwaukee , Student Account Representative, Other , Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!