Maintenance Tech - 1st & 3rd
Company: Site Staffing
Posted on: March 19, 2023
1st Shift, 7am-3pm, & 3rd Shift 11pm-7am,
up to $35/hr + sign on bonus
Job Description :
Under the direction of the Maintenance Team Leader, the Advanced
Maintenance Technician designs, fabricates, repairs, and maintains
mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical components of production
machines including molding machines, support equipment, material
handling systems, robotics and automation. This role will create
drawings of electrical schematics and mechanical components for
future reference. This position attends to breakdowns, diagnoses
faults, and executes equipment improvements and time-critical
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and
may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as
management may deem necessary at any time.
- Executes both the preventive and predictive maintenance
programs that ensure that equipment is available and capable when
- Executes policies, rules, and procedures within the Company
handbook and quality systems.
- Understands electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic machine
- Completes all applicable paperwork and E-documentation in an
accurate and timely manner.
- Fills in for maintenance team leader when required to direct
activities and priorities of the maintenance staff.
- Ability to understand and document AC, DC, high voltage and low
voltage control panels.
- Familiarity and programming capability for different PLCs and
- Assist in the requisition of tools, equipment, and MRO
- Familiarity with all types of mechanical and servo drive
systems and the ability to diagnose problems associated with these
- This position must be able to operate the following equipment:
welders, (stick, mig, and tig) cutting torch, drill press, band
saw, and others where applicable.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and
form valid data driven conclusions.
- This position will assist the production group with technical
problems and production issues and assist in determining root cause
- This position will execute any maintenance type activity based
on immediate need requirement.
- This person will support any and all plant wide safety
initiatives including the review of all outside contractors to make
sure company safety standards are being maintained.
- This position will communicate with the different departments
of the company in a positive and team-oriented manner.
- This position will participate in the evaluation and
implementation of new machine and auxiliary equipment molding
technology to help establish and improve the company's technical
- This position will participate in a foundation for continuous
improvement within the maintenance department and as part of the
- This position will maintain and enforce good departmental
housekeeping standards in all areas to create a clean and safe work
- This position will identify and stock critical spare parts to
support production. This position will also be responsible for
identifying when additional parts need to be ordered.
- Develop the necessary skill sets that will assist in meeting
the production needs through time sensitive repairs and established
PM programs on both molding machines and auxiliary equipment.
Needed Qualifications, Skills, and Competencies
These are some of the skill sets required for this position.
- Leadership skills including ability to maintain
- Decision making and prioritization skills.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication
- Previous plastic molding maintenance experience.
- Thorough knowledge of electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic
- Demonstrated team leading, problem solving and project
- Thorough knowledge of molding machine PM requirements.
- Ability to understand facility wide mechanical systems
including HVAC, water, compressed air, etc.
- Ability to learn from and interact with all maintenance team
- Ability to work with all levels within the organization, as
well as with customers and vendors.
- Skills in problem solving and root cause analysis.
- Ability to travel between facilities when needed.
- Injection molding manufacturing environment experience.
- Believes in and understands lean and 5S terminology.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to physically lift 50# from floor.
Keywords: Site Staffing, Milwaukee , Maintenance Tech - 1st & 3rd, Other , Germantown, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...