Tool Designer - Mold
Company: Strattec Security Corporation
Posted on: March 20, 2023
STRATTEC Security Corporation is one of the world's largest suppliers providing access and security systems to the automotive market. This drives us to be an innovative company with the latest technology. STRATTEC creates exciting opportunities to people who like to work in an environment that challenges them to be creative, deal with multiple customers and projects, and research the latest technology. You will help STRATTEC to be a pioneer by working closely with the largest automotive customers in the world along with the largest electronic partners.
Let us know who you are! We want to know what motivates you and why you are the ideal candidate for our growing team. The ideal candidate will possess a team oriented attitude; have a multidiscipline background, and a passion for innovation. We are looking for leadership skills to develop a new group internally.
If you are one who like to build a team, has strong skillsets and likes to see your own ideas come to life, apply quickly!
Under minimum supervision, perform all tasks related to the design and manufacture of zinc die cast and plastic injection mold tooling. Includes diagnosing and troubleshooting issues with existing tooling as well as designing for new construction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Conceptualizes, plans, and executes the design of zinc die cast and plastic injection mold tooling.
* Analyzes product designs for manufacturing feasibility and makes improvement recommendations to shorten delivery
time, cut costs and improve quality.
* Specifies purchased tooling components and follows through for timely and accurate delivery (mold frames, other
* Collaborates in a team environment with product designers, process engineers, production personnel, toolmakers,
CNC programmers and various vendors to optimize tool design per suggestions of above team members.
* Publishes and disseminates models and drawings to management, programmers, toolmakers, and other users.
* Assist in tracking tool progress in terms of both budget and timing.
* Follows established standards and procedures including modeling techniques, file storage procedures and training in
accordance with quality procedures.
* Assists in the development tooling standards in team based environment.
* Participates in tooling design reviews providing suggestions for improvement where necessary.
Keywords: Strattec Security Corporation, Milwaukee , Tool Designer - Mold, Other , Milwaukee, Wisconsin
here to apply!