23-24 Elementary School Instructional Assistant
Company: St. Augustine Preparatory Academy
Posted on: May 26, 2023
Organization Description:There is no school like Aug Prep! In
just its sixth year of operations, Aug Prep has been voted a "Best
Place to Work" by its employees FOUR times out of five possible
years (in three of those years, there weren't any other schools on
the list!). What makes us so special?
- Authentic Christian faith integration that puts kids first in
all that we do
- Exceptional academics, as highlighted in our five-star - -from
- High expectations for students and staff
- Outstanding resources and facilities, including 1:1 technology,
a massive sports complex and two swimming pools
- A focus on the whole child - mind, body and soul - through the
arts, athletics and moreAug Prep currently enrolls over 1,500
students. Our first two graduating classes earned over $15 million
in college scholarships! Construction is underway on our second
building which will open in August 2023 and add nearly 900 new
student seats and 100 job openings. -Learn more about Aug Prep
through our -.Key Characteristics:The ideal candidate radiates a
love for Jesus, a growth mindset, and is driven to serve students
from every walk of life.Report Structure: -The Elementary School
Instructional Assistant reports to the Elementary School
Principal.Position DescriptionSt. Augustine Preparatory Academy is
seeking candidates to fill the available full-time classroom
Instructional Assistant position. - The Instructional Assistant is
responsible for providing assistance to instructional programs by
assisting the lead Teacher in achieving educational objectives by
working with individual students or small groups to help them
achieve the skill levels of the class as a whole. They will assist
the lead Teacher in providing a well-organized, smoothly
functioning class environment in which students can take full
advantage of the instructional program and available resource
materials.Job Responsibilities and Roles
- Executes instructional activities with individual students or
small groups of students following teacher direction and
- Ensure that all students receive a high-quality educational
experience resulting in high student achievement.
- Serve as the cultural and spiritual model for their students,
always interacting respectfully and striving to demonstrate God's
love to their students and families.
- Use academic data to modify both whole and small-group
instruction in order to best meet the needs of their students.
- Work with classroom teachers to evaluate pupils' academic and
social growth, keeping appropriate records in a timely fashion in
order to prepare progress reports.
- Work with classroom teachers to identify pupil needs and make
appropriate referrals; develop strategies for individual education
plans as needed.
- Integrate technology and student learning styles into
- Work in a supportive and collaborative manner with colleagues,
supervisors, students, parents/guardians, and community
- Maintain and improve professional skills by participating in
building and department meetings/professional development
(collaborative planning time teams, etc.), formal coursework,
workshops, and seminars/in-services in an effort to stay current
with best teaching practices.
- Maintain positive and productive relationships, focused on
collective problem-solving processes, in order to create, support,
and sustain an environment conducive to optimal learning.
- Fully represent the values and culture of St. Augustine Prep at
- Assists students in special education and general education
classes. Assists in preparation of materials for class, classroom
activities, assignments, location of supplementary materials from
school library and other resources areas.
- Implements behavior management programs designed by teachers
and/or other school staff. -
- Monitors student use of instructional equipment. -
- Serves as a source of information and help to any substitute
teacher assigned in the absence of the regular teacher. If
authorized by the administration, instructional assistants can take
over a classroom if they have a bachelor's degree.
- Maintains the same high level of ethical behavior and
confidentiality of information about students as is expected in the
- Performs other duties as may, from time to time be assigned by
- A belief in the ability of every child and a commitment to
ensure excellence for each student.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Participating member of a local Church.
- Effective oral and written communication skills; bilingual in
- Team player committed to the St. Augustine Preparatory mission
- Lastly and most important, the candidate must demonstrate and
possess the highest integrity. and be able to live the values,
beliefs, and culture of Aug Prep.Non-Discriminatory PolicySt.
Augustine Preparatory Academy is an equal opportunity employer and
does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, sex,
national and ethnic origin or any other basis prohibited by law
when hiring, promoting, establishing wages, or providing
benefits.As a faith-based institution based on biblical principles,
St. Augustine Preparatory Academy hires employees who agree with
the school's Mission Statement and Statement of Beliefs and adhere
to biblical standards of conduct. -Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: St. Augustine Preparatory Academy, Milwaukee , 23-24 Elementary School Instructional Assistant, Other , Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...