Community Health Worker - Bilingual Dari and/or Pashto
Company: Advocate Health
Posted on: September 19, 2023
- Provides educational activities for families, individuals, and
the community to promote health knowledge and self-sufficiency and
to assist individuals in developing skills related to improving
health. Motivates patients to be active and engaged participants in
- Meets with patients in-person or by telephone and serves as an
advocate and resource to support them through various issues or
needs and to promote and guide their health and well-being.
- Identifies available community-based resources and programs for
individuals and families based on their need. Educates and
encourages individuals to proactively use agencies and community
- Develops strong collaborative relationships within Aurora
Health Care and the community. Develops and shares knowledge about
community services, agencies and other individuals that may aide
- Supports patient centered care and performs various clinical
support tasks under clinical supervision, such as filing,
retrieving, documenting, and/or delivering patient information and
completing forms. Maintains appropriate documentation and
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to
provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served. Must
demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development
over the life span and possess the ability to assess data
reflective of the patient's status and interpret the appropriate
information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative
to his/her age-specific needs, and to provide the care needed as
described in the department's policies and procedures. Age-specific
information is developed further in the departmental job
standards.Licensure, Registration, and/or Certification Required:
- None Required.Education Required:
- High School Graduate, or
- Certificate of General Educational Development (GED) or High
School Equivalency Diploma (HSED), and
- Advanced training beyond High School that includes the
completion of an accredited or approved program in Community
- Typically requires 1 year of experience in community outreach,
health education, or in a role representing or supporting local
- Candidate must have an understanding of Afghan culture and be
bi-lingual, speaking Pasho and/or Dari as well as
English.Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Demonstrates an ability and willingness to work collaboratively
with others for concise and timely flow of information.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and
critical thinking skills as well as the ability to speak Dari
- Ability to effectively communicate with patients, presenting a
pleasant demeanor during conversations.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
according to policies.
- Intermediate computer and phone skills, including knowledge and
experience with data entry, Microsoft Office, and Internet
- Ability to gain knowledge of local community agencies.
- Ability to work collaboratively with clinic refugee team and
state partners.Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Must be able to sit for the majority of the workday.
- Occasionally lifts up to 10 lbs.
- Exposed to a normal office environment.
- Operates all equipment necessary to perform the job.This job
description indicates the general nature and level of work expected
of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a
comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities
required of the incumbent. Incumbent may be required to perform
other related duties.
Keywords: Advocate Health, Milwaukee , Community Health Worker - Bilingual Dari and/or Pashto, Other , Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!