Registered Nurse Specialist - Cardiothoracic Clinic Registry M-F no weekends no holidays
Company: Advocate Health
Posted on: September 19, 2023
- Provides ongoing care (assess, plan, intervention, and
evaluation), according to the age specific and developmental needs
of the patient. Assesses educational needs and provides teaching
and counseling to the patient and their family. Integrates health
promotion and preventive aspects of care. Assumes primary
responsibility for caseloads consisting of patients in specialty
- Anticipates and recognizes changes in a patient's status and
need for care. Determines priorities of patient care based on
essential patient needs. Provides on-going assessment of patient's
response to services and teaching and applies interventions as
appropriate. Updates and revises care plan as needed. Communicates
with physicians to confirm, correlate, and update patient's plan of
care. Provides status update to physician on a regular basis.
- Maintains and updates accurate clinical and patient records
according to agency, state, and federal guidelines.
- Provides telephone consultation/triage to patient, family,
and/or significant others according to protocol and established
- Participates in community education programs and continuous
quality improvement activities.
- Assists in development and implementation of staff orientation
and educational activities.
- Follows published agency policies and procedures and regularly
monitors changes or additions to them.
- Continually strives to advance knowledge and practice of
clinical skills in specialty area including certification as
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to
provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served. Must
demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development
over the life span and possess the ability to assess data
reflective of the patient's status and interpret the appropriate
information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative
to his/her age-specific needs, and to provide the care needed as
described in the department's policies and procedures. Age-specific
information is developed further in the departmental job
standards.Licensure, Registration, and/or Certification Required:
- Registered Nurse license issued by the state in which the team
member practices, and
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providerscertification
issued by the American Heart Association (AHA).Education Required:
- Associate's Degree in Nursing.Experience Required:
- Typically requires 2 years of experience in acute care nursing
that includes experiences in an applicable clinical specialty (such
as: cardiology, urology or orthopedics).Knowledge, Skills &
- Ability to work independently and make sound judgments.
- Exceptional organization and communication skills (oral and
- Ability to multi-task with frequent interruptions.Physical
Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Must sit, stand, walk, lift, squat, bend, twist, crawl, kneel,
climb, and reach above shoulders throughout the workday.
- Must be able to:
- lift up to 50 lbs from floor to waist.
- lift up to 20 lbs over the head.
- carry up to 40 lbs a reasonable distance.
- push/pull with 30 lbs of force.
- perform a sliding transfer of 150 lbs with a second person
- May be exposed to chemical and hazardous waste as well as blood
and body fluids and communicable disease. Therefore, protective
clothing and equipment must be worn as necessary.
- Must have functional speech, vision, hearing, and touch with
ability to use fine hand manipulation skills for IV insertion and
- Operates all equipment necessary to perform the job.This job
description indicates the general nature and level of work expected
of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a
comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities
required of the incumbent. Incumbent may be required to perform
other related duties.
Keywords: Advocate Health, Milwaukee , Registered Nurse Specialist - Cardiothoracic Clinic Registry M-F no weekends no holidays, Other , Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!