Security- Resident Monitor II Parsons House Reentry Services
Company: Wisconsin Community Services
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Job Responsibilities:Parsons House provides residential reentry
services, with an emphasis on employment services, for returning
citizens from the Federal Bureau of Prisons with the goal of
successful reintegration in the community.Position Summary:
Currently various shifts available. Responsible for monitoring and
supervising adult male and female offenders within a correctional
residential setting and in the community. Maintains accountability
of offenders at all times and ensures adherence to all life safety,
security, and sanitation requirements. This position also performs
some general office duties. May be reassigned between two centrally
located facilities as needed. Current Shift Needs:3:00 pm - 11:00
pm4:00 pm - 12:00 amPart-time 5-hour shiftsWeekend Part-time
openings: Saturday & Sunday.Essential Functions:
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Mandatory overtime on all shifts.
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness.
- Ability to work cooperatively with supervisors, co-workers, and
- Ability to work under deadlines and time pressures.
- Supervising clients in the facility (living quarters,
recreation room, dining room, visitation, etc.).
- Instruct residents in the use of facility property.
- Enforce all house rules governing the residents.
- Instill good work and personal hygiene habits in
- Supervise and inspect residents' assigned house chores.
- Check as required all locking devices, alarms, and security
- Conduct urine surveillance and administer breathalyzer test
when required or deemed necessary.
- Make the required tours through the building including resident
- Initiate counts of residents at irregular and specific
- Conduct surveillance checks outside the facility.
- Prepare all required reports and documentation such as
disciplinary and accidents, incidents reports, medical reports,
escapes, residents' sign in/out sheet.
- Follow policy to make required notification of incidents and
distribution of reports.
- Monitor and document medication usage.
- Give receipts to all residents who turn money over to program
for savings, debts, fee payments, etc. and follow procedures for
- Motivate residents to follow program expectations by using
motivational incentives to reinforce positive behaviors/
achievements and impose appropriate sanctions when needed for non-
- Maintain accountability of residents, facility control, life
safety, environmental safety, and sanitation to adequately protect
residents, staff, and the community.
- Attend training sessions as directed.
- Attend scheduled staff meetings.
- Monitor residents' activities while in the community.
- All other duties as directed to carry out the responsibilities
of the position.
- Enforce all rules of offender supervision.
- Do accountability checks on residents who are signed out of
facility on pass.
- Assist with new resident intake and orientation.
- Office duties:
- Greet and sign in/out visitors.
- Watch over inventory and order program supplies.
- Sort and distribute mail.
- Maintain supply of all forms.
- Coordinate office equipment repairs.
- Create forms and documents as requested.
- Manage client property.
- Place meal orders.PM21 Job Qualifications:Minimal
Qualifications: Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent is
required. One year prior work experience in corrections or related
security or other social service is preferred. Must clear
Caregiver, STATE, and FEDERAL Background checks, physical exam, and
drug screen prior to hire. Must have valid driver's license,
automobile, and insurance sufficient to meet agency
requirements.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Must have excellent
written and verbal communication skills and basic computer skills.
Ability to communicate effectively and in a positive manner with
staff and residents. Ability to de-escalate crisis situations. Must
also be able to multi-task, use security equipment (metal detector
wand). Must be comfortable performing pat searches for clearance of
metal detector. Detail orientation required. Must also have a
strong mindset to deter/resist manipulative people. Sensitivity
toward cultural, ethnic, and disability issues. Experience with
CCTV and other security related equipment preferred. Ability to
learn evidence based best practices and apply skills learned to all
residents interactions. Other Job Information (if
applicable):Physical Demands:Must be able climb two to three
flights of stairs and be mobile throughout the facility. Must be
able to sit for extended periods of time, walk and stay awake while
on shift. Must be able to evacuate occupants from building in less
than three minutes in the event of an emergency. Requires ability
to provide First Aid and CPR. Some lifting (50lbs) required with
inventory packing.ScheduleSee Supervisor for detailsPM21
Keywords: Wisconsin Community Services, Milwaukee , Security- Resident Monitor II Parsons House Reentry Services, Other , Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!