Youth Treatment Specialist Supervisor - Jefferson County Youth Residential Program
Company: Wisconsin Community Services
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Job Responsibilities:Youth Treatment Specialist
SupervisorJefferson County Youth Residential Care CenterWisconsin
Community ServicesWCS is a nonprofit human services organization
that works with individuals to overcome adversity.We believe that
all services should be person-centered, strength-based,
trauma-informed and culturally competent. We seek compassionate,
highly motivated, talented candidates to join our dedicated staff.
Position Summary: Responsible for supervising and assessing youth
treatment specialists as they interact with residents and provide
for the day-to-day care and supervision of youth at the Youth
Crisis Stabilization Program. Essential Functions:
- Supervise and evaluate Lead Youth Treatment Specialist and
Youth Treatment Specialists.
- Provide leadership for operations team and role model for the
Youth Treatment Specialists.
- Collaborate with the clinician, youth coordinator, and youth
treatment specialists to develop comprehensive plans to meet
youth's emotional and behavioral health needs.
- Through individual and clinical supervision, ensure youth's
needs are being met by staff and team members.
- Lead shift transition meetings, staff meetings, and regularly
communicate with staff.
- Ensure all documentation is completed within the timelines
identified by the funding and licensing agencies. This includes
shift reports, incident reports, and resident logs, etc.
- Notify the clinician or designee immediately of any changes in
youth's clinical needs or symptoms and carry out clinical
recommendations as directed.
- Provide oversight, structure, and implement daily youth
- Collaborate with Youth Crisis Stabilization Program team to
ensure youth remain safe and supervised at all times.
- Attend clinical supervision and ensure staff carryout the
recommendations made in clinical supervision per DHS 34.
- Evaluates and mediates youth and staff concerns and complaints,
- Administer medication and ensure staff are aware of medication
changes in collaboration with medical providers and nursing
- Maintain communication professional relationships in all
communication related to the program.
- Conducts staff interviews and works with human resources to
hire and onboard new staff.
- Provides coaching and disciplinary action for program
- Uphold and promote a positive and supportive culture for youth
- Attend child/ family team meetings/ reviews and provide input
per program standards.
- Maintain confidentiality within all written and verbal
- Keep appropriate documentation for all funding sources.
- Adhere to state licensing/certification requirements.
- Adhere to WCS Policies and Procedures.
- Other duties as assigned. Other Duties and Responsibilities:
Provide coverage for absent staff and direct service to youth as
needed. Other job-related duties as may be necessary to carry out
the responsibilities of the position. Job Qualifications:Knowledge,
Skills, and Abilities: Working knowledge of positive child/youth
development; patience and understanding of difficult life needs;
the ability to interact with escalating youth and/or parents in a
calm and professional manner; ability to follow oral and written
instructions; ability to respond appropriately in crisis
situations; proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel; perform basic
computer functions; uses time efficiently and effectively; ability
to multi-task. Minimal Qualifications:
- A high school diploma or equivalent, bachelor's degree
- Be at least 21 years old (at least 2 years older than the
- At least 4 years of experience serving youth with mental health
- At least one year of experience as a supervisor or satisfactory
completion of at least one course for credit in supervisory skill
development and personnel management or have 40 hours of documented
in-service training involving supervisory skill development and
- Knowledge and skills to work with population youth ages 10-17
- Ability to display cultural competence by responding
respectfully and effectively to people of all cultures, languages,
classes, races, ethnic backgrounds, religions and other diversity
factors in a manner that recognizes, affirms and values the worth
- Valid driver's license, automobile, and insurance sufficient to
meet agency requirements.
- Meet all the employee requirements including references,
criminal background check, drug test, and driver's license check.
Other Job Information (if applicable):Work Relationship and Scope:
Reports directly to the Assistant Program Director. Has contact
with a wide variety of individuals including youth and family
members, other program staff, vendors, and other collateral
contacts, neighbors, funders, Jefferson County Department of Health
and Human Services, court officials, the Department of Health and
Human Services, Public School staff and administrators, staff of
youth serving agencies, and the community.Personal Attributes:
Follow agency Code of Conduct and Leadership Code of Conduct;
adhere to established policies and procedures of the agency and of
all funding sources; conduct self in an ethical manner; maintain
professional and respectful relationships with program staff, other
WCS staff, youth and all external persons and agencies involved
with service provision; sensitivity toward cultural, ethnic and
disability needs; demonstrate commitment to agency values and
- State-Certified Youth Crisis Stabilization Program.
- Local travel as required fulfilling essential functions of the
- Ability to take rotational 24-hour supervisory call
- Ability to manage youth who have experienced a great deal of
trauma and express trauma through behaviors.
- Ability to lift 30 pounds.Physical Demands: Duties require
possible activity while monitoring or interacting with youth in the
program. Staff may be required to use physical intervention in
extreme situations. Driving required. pm21
Keywords: Wisconsin Community Services, Milwaukee , Youth Treatment Specialist Supervisor - Jefferson County Youth Residential Program, Other , Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!