Resident Monitor - Swigart - Weekends Required
Company: Wisconsin Community Services
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Job Responsibilities:Position Summary: This position is
responsible for monitoring and supervising adult male ex-offenders
within a correctional residential setting and in the community.
Maintains accountability of ex-offenders at all times and ensures
adherence to all life safety, security, and sanitation
requirements. This position also performs some general office
duties. May be reassigned to any program within the Residential
Reentry Division as needed. Current opportunities available for
weekends only. May have occasional opportunities to pick up extra
week day shifts. Essential Functions:
- Demonstrates regular and predictable attendance.
- Ability to comply with mandatory overtime on all shifts, when
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness.
- Ability to work cooperatively with supervisors, co-workers, and
- Ability to work under deadlines and time pressures.
- Flexible to work at any facility within the Residential Reentry
Division as directed.
- Supervising residents in the facility (living quarters,
recreation room, dining room, visitation, etc.).
- Instruct residents in the use of facility property.
- Enforce all house rules governing the residents.
- Instill good work and personal hygiene habits in
- Supervise and inspect residents' assigned house chores.
- Check as required all locking devices, alarms, and security
- Conduct urine surveillance and administer breathalyzer test
when require or deemed necessary.
- Make the required tours through the building including resident
- Initiate counts of residents at irregular and specific
- Conduct surveillance checks outside the facility.
- Prepare all required reports and documentation such as
disciplinary and accidents, incidents reports, medical reports,
escapes, residents' sign in/out sheet.
- Follow policy to make required notification of incidents and
distribution of reports.
- Monitor and document medication usage.
- Give receipts to all residents who turn money over to program
for savings, debts, fee payments, etc. and follow procedures for
- Motivate residents to follow program expectations by using
motivational incentives to reinforce positive behaviors/
achievements and impose appropriate sanctions when needed for non-
- Maintain accountability of residents, facility control, life
safety, environmental safety, and sanitation to adequately protect
residents, staff, and the community.
- Attend training sessions as directed.
- Attend scheduled staff meetings.
- Monitor residents' activities while in the community.
- All other duties as directed to carry out the responsibilities
of the position.
- Enforce all rule of offender supervision.
- Do accountability checks on residents who are signed out of
facility on pass. Job Qualifications:Minimal Qualifications and
Salary Schedule: Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent is
required. One year prior work experience in corrections or related
security or other social service is preferred. Must clear Caregiver
and Background checks, physical exam, and drug screen prior to
hire. Must have valid driver's license; Insured automobile
preferred.Physical Demands: Must be able climb two to three flights
of stairs and be mobile throughout the facility. Must be able to
sit for extended periods of time, walk and stay awake while on
shift. Must be able to evacuate occupants from building in less
than three minutes in the event of an emergency. Requires ability
to provide First Aid and CPR. Some lifting (50lbs) required with
inventory packing.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Must have
excellent written and verbal communication skills and basic
computer skills. Ability to communicate effectively and in a
positive manner with staff and residents. Ability to de-escalate
crisis situations. Sensitivity toward cultural, ethnic, and
disability issues. Experience with CCTV and other security related
equipment preferred. Ability to learn evidence based best practices
and apply skills learned to all residents interactions. Other Job
Information (if applicable):Work Relationship and Scope: Works
primarily with residents. Also interacts with other staff,
probation officers, visitors, family members, employers, and the
general public. Personal Attributes: Follow agency Code of Conduct;
adhere to established policies and procedures of the agency and of
all funding sources; conduct self in an ethical manner; maintain
professional and respectful relationships with program staff, other
WCS staff, clients and all external persons and agencies involved
with service provision; sensitivity toward cultural, ethnic and
disability issues; demonstrate commitment to agency values and
Keywords: Wisconsin Community Services, Milwaukee , Resident Monitor - Swigart - Weekends Required, Other , Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!