Clinician - Residential Care Center, Type II (Bakari)
Company: Wisconsin Community Services
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Job Responsibilities:Position Summary: Responsible for providing
individual therapy and supervising milieu group therapy to the
youth residing at Bakari Center utilizing the Integrated Treatment
Model including Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT). Provide service
coordination in collaboration with the case manager and Bakari
Center team.The Residential Care Center is licensed under the
Wisconsin Department of Children and Families Chapter 52 to provide
a Type II residential treatment facility for 24 youth (ages 13-17).
- Interview, assess, and screen youth for placement at Bakari
- Provide and lead dialectical behavior therapy at a residential
treatment center for 9-12 male youth, ages 13-17 years old.
- Facilitate DBT groups a minimum of 3 times per week with the
youth residing at Bakari Center.
- Facilitate value-added groups for the youth including but not
limited to sex education, healthy relationships, cultural
awareness, substance use, independent living and life skills.
- Provide weekly (more frequently as needed) 1:1 individual
therapy session utilizing the DBT.
- Attention to youth engagement, skill development, and positive
- Complete behavior chain and solution analysis with youth as
well as write behaviorally specific treatment plans.
- Provide DBT training and coaching to the Bakari Residential
Care Center Team by engaging in activities/programming to role
model and teach DBT skills to both youth and staff.
- Participate in consultation teams both as a team member and as
a facilitator for residential care center staff to assist in
monitoring the fidelity of the milieu group therapy.
- Participate in weekly consultation, training and supervision on
the integrated treatment model.
- Conduct risk assessments to ensure the youth are safe and not a
risk to themselves or others.
- Coordinate with Milwaukee County Crisis Services as
- Work collaboratively with the Case Manager to implement a
comprehensive treatment plan outlining each youth's identified
- Closely collaborate with the Multi Systemic Therapy Family
Integrated Transitions (MST-FIT) team for intensive aftercare
- Attend court hearings as needed to provide updates and advocate
- Document all interactions in the electronic medical record
- Engage with youth's support network and participate in family
- Attend psychiatric medical appointments and assist in
- Keep appropriate documentation for all funding sources.
- Maintaining resident record files in accordance with licensing
for the Department of Children and Families (DCF) Chapter 52 to
ensure all records are updated and complete.
- Uphold and promote a positive and supportive culture for youth
- Maintain confidentiality within all written and verbal
communicationsOther Duties and Responsibilities: Provide coverage
and direct service to youth as needed. Other job-related duties as
may be necessary to carry out the responsibilities of the position.
Job Qualifications:Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Working
knowledge of positive child/youth development; patience and
understanding of difficult life situations; the ability to interact
with escalating youth and/or parents in a calm and professional
manner; ability to follow oral and written instructions; ability to
respond appropriately in crisis situations; proficient with
Microsoft Word and Excel; perform basic computer functions; uses
time efficiently and effectively; ability to multi-task;
sensitivity towards cultural, ethnic and disability issues. Minimal
- A master's degree in a social work, psychology, or a behavioral
science field. Training license as an Advanced Practice Social
Worker, Licensed Professional Counselor In-Training, or Licenses
Marriage and Family Therapist In-Training preferred.
- Two years field work experience or employment experience
working with children or families with significant life needs.
- Working knowledge of computer applications preferred (Windows
and Microsoft Word).
- Ability to display cultural competence by responding
respectfully and effectively to people of all cultures, languages,
classes, races, ethnic backgrounds, religions and other diversity
factors in a manner that recognizes, affirms and values the worth
of each client.
- Knowledge and skills to work with population age 13-17.
- Valid driver's license, automobile, and insurance sufficient to
meet agency requirements.
- Meet all the employee requirements including references,
criminal background check, drug test, and driver's license check.
Other Job Information (if applicable):Work Relationship and Scope:
Reports directly to the Residential Care Center Social Work
Supervisor. Has contact with a wide variety of individuals
including youth and family members, other program staff, vendors,
and other collateral contacts, neighbors, funders, Milwaukee County
Department of Health and Human Services, Milwaukee County Division
of Youth and Family Services, Children's Court officials,
Wraparound Milwaukee, the Department of Children and Families,
Milwaukee Public Schools staff and administrators, staff of youth
serving agencies, and the community.Personal Attributes: Follow
agency Code of Conduct and Leadership Code of Conduct; adhere to
established policies and procedures of the agency and of all
funding sources; conduct self in an ethical manner; maintain
professional and respectful relationships with program staff, other
WCS staff, youth and all external persons and agencies involved
with service provision; sensitivity toward cultural, ethnic and
disability needs; demonstrate commitment to agency values and
- State-Licensed Residential Care Center, Type II
- Local travel as required fulfilling essential functions of the
- Ability to take rotational 24-hour supervisory call
- Ability to manage youth who have experienced a great deal of
trauma and express trauma through behaviors.Physical Demands:
Duties require activity while monitoring or interacting with youth
in the program. Staff may be required to use physical intervention
during crisis. Driving is required. pm21
Keywords: Wisconsin Community Services, Milwaukee , Clinician - Residential Care Center, Type II (Bakari), Other , Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!