Care Coordinator - Housing Support Services
Company: Wisconsin Community Services
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Job Responsibilities: Position Summary: Provides care
coordination, program development, and building oversight for
individuals residing at a supportive housing site in collaboration
with the Milwaukee County Housing Division and Property Management
Company Cardinal Capital. Essential Functions:
- Work in collaboration with Peer Support Specialists to meet the
individualized needs of the people being served by program.
- Welcome all new people referred to the program and complete
intake process including completing all required documents.
- Meet with individuals for individual face to face contacts to
support meeting identified needs.This includes being available for
requested check-ins and scheduled check ins.
- Coordinate care for the individual being served by the program
including coordinating with the individuals care team (case
manager, care coordinator, and team members).
- Support people enrolled in the program complete a Personal
Recovery Crisis Prevention Plan and Individualized Service Plan in
the person's own words.
- Develop activity schedule for the site focused on recovery and
- Develop staff schedule to ensure adequate coverage.
- Develop and implement schedule for Peer Specialists and ensure
activity schedule is being followed.
- Participate in monthly recovery focused team meetings to
develop supportive plans to meet the individual's identified
- Monitor building maintenance needs, record required
maintenance, send maintenance reports to property manager, and
follow-up to ensure maintenance reports are completed.All
maintenance reports will be completed within 24 hours.
- Schedule monthly staffing with Milwaukee County, Cardinal
Capital, and the individual's community-based care team to provide
updates and plan with the individual to meet their needs.
- Maintain a strong working relationship with Milwaukee County,
Cardinal Capital, and community-based providers.
- Conduct wellness checks and document the interactions by end of
- Schedule crisis staffing for individuals with increased
symptoms and behaviors.
- Facilitate educational and skill development groups based on
the needs of the people enrolled in the program.
- Responsible for accurate documentation and maintaining case
files as required by agency policy, government regulations, and
applicable local, state, and federal codes
- Act as a role model for those being served by the program by
providing meaningful interactions and wellness checks as
- Document all resident contacts and incidents in hard and
- Utilize Motivational Interviewing, Trauma Informed Care, and
Strengths-Based Recovery as primary skills/tools to enhance
people's participation and success.
- Assist with medication reminders.
- Communicate (timely and accurately) all resident incidents to
- Notify On-Call Supervisor of any emergencies and contact as
needed. Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Other job-related duties as may be necessary to carry out the
responsibilities of the position. Job Qualifications:Knowledge,
Skills, and Abilities: Ability to work in a diverse setting
interacting with homeless individuals with substance use, mental
health, and co-occurring needs. Must have good communication
skills, be flexible, patient, and compassionate and maintain
confidential information. Must have the ability to work
independently with a minimal amount of supervision but must be a
strong team player as well. Ability to multi task, take initiative
and apply knowledge to variety of circumstances.Minimal
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Minimum of 2 years of experience serving individuals who have
mental health, substance use, or co-occurring needs.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- A valid driver's license with approved driving record,
automobile, and sufficient insurance to meet agency requirements is
- Meet all WCS and contractor requirements for criminal and
caregiver background, driver's record, and reference checks. Other
Job Information (if applicable):Work Relationship and Scope:
Reports directly to the Director of Adult Behavioral Health
Programs. Interacts and maintains good working relationship with
WCS staff, individuals being served, and the general
public.Personal Attributes: Follow agency Code of Conduct and Core
Values; adhere to established policies and procedures of the agency
and of all funding sources; conduct self in an ethical manner;
maintain professional and respectful relationships with program
staff, other WCS staff, residents and all external persons and
agencies involved with service provision; positive attitude and
interpersonal skills; dependable; sensitivity toward cultural,
ethnic and disability needs; demonstrate commitment to agency
values and mission.Working Conditions: Work is performed primarily
at the supported housing site serving people with mental health,
substance use and life needs. Work schedule to meet the needs of
the people being served.Physical Demands: Ability to be mobile .
Work activities involve movement within the supported housing site.
It requires an ability to go up and down stairs and lift/carry 20
pounds. pm21 PIe04a8ade6677-31181-30637000
Keywords: Wisconsin Community Services, Milwaukee , Care Coordinator - Housing Support Services, Other , Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!