Quality Assurance Specialist - Jefferson County Youth Residential Program
Company: Wisconsin Community Services
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Job Responsibilities: Position Summary: This position assists
and supports the Program Director to plan, design, monitor, and
implement systemic practices and continuous improvement activities
that enhance the effectiveness of program operations. The overall
purpose is to create accountability with a focus on monitoring
compliance and quality assurance and enhance program outcomes
through Evidenced Based Practices and evaluation. Essential
- Assist Program Director to ensure quality assurance, continuous
improvement, and compliance with contract, regulatory, treatment
model, and agency requirements.
- Complete quality assurance functions to ensure the program
remains in certification compliance with DHS 50 in all areas
including but not limited to; medical peer review committee, staff
files, resident files, program scheduling, clinical supervision
documentation, emergency building drills, medication administration
requirements, scheduling, and building compliance.
- Daily monitoring of Medication Administration Records.
- Dispense medications to youth as scheduled in accordance with
YCSF policies and procedures including accurate documentation.
- Function as the programs Client's Rights Specialist, managing
complaints and grievances with the Assistant Program Director.
- Conduct electronic and/or paper file audits on personnel and
- Conduct facility audits to ensure compliance with DHS 50.
- Work with the Program Support Specialist to monitor ordering
system for YCSF supplies.
- Develop and support the implementation of the daily activity
- Update policies and procedures annually or more frequently as
- Develop training plans for new staff and assist in facilitating
- Monitor fidelity to treatment model and evidence-based
- Ensure that services reflect the objectives of the treatment
model and includes significant attention to youth engagement,
positive reinforcement, and use of evidence-based best practices
for youth who are vulnerable and at high-risk.
- Assist implementation of outcome measurements and evaluation by
obtaining information and feedback from both internal (clients and
staff) and external (funding sources and other community agencies)
- Provide coverage for the program support specialist as
- Develop and complete YCSF specific reports.
- Conduct surveys with youth and family to gather feedback about
their experiences and program data to measure success.
- Upload certification documentation to Microsoft teams and
respond to requests from county staff for information.
- Ensure critical incidents are reported and monitored per DHS
- Keep appropriate documentation for all funding sources.
- Uphold and promote a positive and supportive culture for youth
- Maintain client confidentiality within all written and verbal
- Adhere to state certification requirements.
- Adhere to WCS Policies and Procedures.
- Other duties as assigned. Other Duties and Responsibilities:
Other job-related duties as may be necessary to carry out the
responsibilities of the position. Job Qualifications:Knowledge,
Skills, and Abilities: This person must by a "system thinker" with
demonstrated ability to utilize coaching styles to assist with
quality assurance and compliance practices. Knowledge of the
criminal justice system and child welfare systems. Prefer knowledge
of Evidence Based Practices in working with children and families.
Must possess exemplary verbal and written communication skills,
along with strong computer skills that include Microsoft Word,
Excel, and database applications. Requires being good at detail
work and utilizing analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability
to multitask, organize, and assist others to implement procedures
and practices. Must be sensitive to cultural, ethnic, and
disability issues. Minimal Qualifications:
- A bachelor's degree in social or behavioral science field
(social work, criminal justice, sociology, psychology, speech
communication or special education). Master's degree
- One year minimum of social service program experience.
- Experience monitoring youth services, program compliance, and
- Ability to display cultural competence by responding
respectfully and effectively to people of all cultures, languages,
classes, races, ethnic backgrounds, religions and other diversity
factors in a manner that recognizes, affirms and values the worth
- Knowledge and skills to work with population age 10-17.
- Valid driver's license, automobile, and insurance sufficient to
meet agency requirements.
- Meet all the employee requirements including references,
criminal background check, drug test, and driver's license check.
Other Job Information (if applicable):Work Relationship and Scope:
Reports directly to the Program Director. Interacts with line
staff. May interact with residents in a feedback interview process.
Personal Attributes: The person in this position must be passionate
about the WCS mission and be a role model for accountability and a
culture of excellence by virtue of high-quality program standards
and compliance. Be a collaborative team player. Follow agency Code
of Conduct and Leadership Code of Conduct. Adhere to established
policies and procedures of the agency and of all funding sources.
Conduct self in an ethical manner. Maintain professional and
respectful relationships with all WCS staff, children and families,
and all external persons and agencies involved with service
provision. Show sensitivity toward cultural, ethnic, and disability
needs. Working Conditions: Work is performed in a residential care
center setting. Must be comfortable being around and/or interacting
with children with mental health needs. Flexible work schedule may
be required from time to time. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential
functions. Physical Demands: May require sitting at a desk and/or
computer for two or more hours at a time. Requires significant
computer work. pm21 PI17b7edd9de80-31181-32437682
Keywords: Wisconsin Community Services, Milwaukee , Quality Assurance Specialist - Jefferson County Youth Residential Program, Other , Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!