Youth Care Worker for Youth Shelter Program - Full-time and Part-Time Weekends
Company: Wisconsin Community Services
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Job Responsibilities:YOUTH CARE WORKERWEEKEND PART-TIME POSITONS
AVAILABLEJOIN OUR TEAMWisconsin Community Services (WCS)Shelter
Care Program - Youth Services DivisionGreat opportunity for those
committed to making a positive impact on the lives of youth.Share
your creativity and interests, as well as collaborate on groups,
activities, and community outings!Apply online at: or Email:
Position Summary: Provide supervision of the youth placed in
shelter care. Responsible for implementing the daily schedule of
activities. Provide group educational activities, recreational
activities, follow up individually with youth, serve as a mentor
and role model for youth. Responsible to move from one location to
another throughout shift based on program needs.Essential
- Adhere to all required policies and procedures of the program,
contract partner, and State of Wisconsin licensing
- Provide active supervision and engagement of youth at all times
within assigned staffing ratios.
- Serve as positive mentor for youth placed in shelter care.
- Interact with youth in a positive and therapeutic manner
according to policy, procedure, training and agency values.
- Provide support to youth, families, and ancillary service
providers while youth are participating in community-based
activities (pass, school, work, attending services/ programs) as
indicated per program.
- Provide positive and effective group educational and onsite
- Plan and facilitate youth activities/ daily routines to include
unit groups and specific programming as determined by Program
- Interact with individuals/ agencies outside of the program
providing services for/ associated with youth and families in a
pleasant manner and document all verbal correspondence (via phone
or in person).
- Observe, assess, and document youth activity per agency/
program standards (4 hour communication logs, incident reports,
behavior reports, database, etc.).
- Attend youth/family team meetings/ reviews and provide verbal
and written input per agency/ program standards.
- Maintain physical location to agency and licensing
- Maintain confidentiality within all written and verbal
- Facilitate and document self-administration of medications by
youth in accurate and timely manner.
- Support the goals and core values of the agency: justice,
respect, integrity, and the pursuit of excellence.
- Must be available to work between both the boys and girls
shelter to meet program needs, regardless of primary location.
- All staff will be on the on-call rotation every two weeks to be
available for staff out ill, vacation, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.Other Duties and Responsibilities:
Direct service to youth as needed. Other job-related duties as may
be necessary to carry out the responsibilities of the position.PM21
Job Qualifications:Minimal Qualifications: A minimum of three years
of experience with children of a similar age to the youth
population served in the program. High school diploma or GED/HSED
required. Youth Care Worker will meet all the WCS employee
requirements including reference, criminal background, and driver's
license checks. Other Job Information (if applicable):Work
Relationship and Scope: Reports directly to the Youth Shelter Care
Supervisor, who reports to the Assistant Program Director and
Program Director. Has contact with a wide variety of individuals
including youth and family members, other program staff, vendors,
and other collateral contacts, neighbors, Milwaukee County Division
of Youth and Families (DYFS), Children's Court officials, school
and administrators, staff of youth serving agencies and the general
public. Personal Attributes: Follow agency Code of Conduct and
Leadership Code of Conduct; adhere to established policies and
procedures of the agency and of all funding sources; conduct self
in an ethical manner; maintain professional and respectful
relationships with program staff, other WCS staff, clients and all
external persons and agencies involved with service provision;
sensitivity toward cultural, ethnic and disability issues;
demonstrate commitment to agency values and mission.Knowledge,
Skills, and Abilities: Working knowledge of positive child/youth
development; patience and understanding of difficult life
situations; the ability to interact with escalating youth and/or
parents in a calm and professional manner; ability to follow oral
and written instructions; ability to respond appropriately in
crisis situations; perform basic computer functions; uses time
efficiently and effectively; ability to multi-task; sensitivity
towards cultural, ethnic and disability issues. Working
- State-Licensed Shelter Care Facility
- Most of the work is done throughout the building, in the
community and in some cases, the home of a client.
- Local travel as required fulfilling essential functions of the
position. --- Ability to provide coverage as needed. --- Ability to
manage young clients who have experienced a great deal of trauma
and express trauma through behaviors.Physical Demands: Duties
require possible activity while monitoring or interacting with
youth in the program. Staff may be required to use physical
intervention in extremely rare situations if there is immediate
physical harm posed to youth, staff, or visitors. Ability to lift
30 pounds. Driving is required.PM21
Keywords: Wisconsin Community Services, Milwaukee , Youth Care Worker for Youth Shelter Program - Full-time and Part-Time Weekends, Other , Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!