Recovery Navigator - Hub & Spoke Program
Company: Wisconsin Community Services
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Job Responsibilities:RECOVERY NAVIGATOR - Hub and Spoke Position
Summary: The Hub and Spoke Health Home is an innovative model
serving people with significant substance use and co-occurring
mental health needs. The Recovery Navigator works in collaboration
with Hub and Spoke Team and is responsible for working with the
individual to develop the individualized comprehensive care plan,
facilitate monthly recovery monitoring/meetings, and update the
care plan every 90 days. The Recovery Navigator will ensure people
are receiving comprehensive and quality care from the team, spokes,
and community service providers. The Recovery Navigator meets with
each individual weekly and advocates with the person to meet their
identified needs. Essential Functions:
- Committed and skilled at engaging people through a strength
based, trauma informed, person centered, and culturally intelligent
approach. This position has a strong focus on engaging people in
care and services.
- Committed and passionate about serving people with substance
use and co-occurring needs.
- Closely collaborate with the Lead Recovery Navigator and the
WCS Hub Team (Certified Peer Specialists, Other Recovery Navigators
and Wellness Coaches) to serve people referred to the program.
Closely collaborate with spokes to support connection to ongoing
medical and treatment services.
- Provide Direct Service to approximately12 individuals
- Responsible for completing a Recovery Life Story Tool and
Assessment (RLST/PRP) in the person's own words. An RLST/PRP is
focused on the person's strengths, goals, existing and new
strategies to meet the identified needs. RLST/PRPs are updated a
minimum of every 90 days.
- Focused on providing comprehensive care to meet the person's
needs. This includes treatment needs, medical/dental, housing,
legal, financial, benefits, food, clothes, and social needs,
- Facilitate monthly BAM monitoring/team meetings (every 90 days)
in collaboration with the person's care team.
- Coordinate care with providers of services and verify services
are provided. Contact each member of the person's care team a
minimum of weekly to review progress and areas of ongoing
- Work closely with the person to develop a team of informal
supports (i.e., family members, friends, support groups, church,
etc.) and formal supports (formal paid providers) based on the
- Provide transportation and attend appointments with the person.
Advocate with the person to meet identified needs.
- Support crisis response and developing strategies to meet
immediate needs. Develop a comprehensive relapse prevention plan
with the individual.
- Follow all WCS Hub policies and procedures.
- Embrace a comprehensive team approach to meet the
individualized needs of people with complex substance use and life
- Network with community providers and Spokes to develop
collaborative relationships to meet the needs of the people being
served by the program.
- Document all interactions, collateral contacts, and activities
specific to the individual's care and treatment in the electronic
medical record within 24 hours of the contact.
- Complete all WCS Hub and Spoke Health Home training and WCS
- Uphold and promote a positive, strength based, and supportive
- Maintain confidentiality within all written and verbal
- Adhere to WCS Policies and Procedures.
- Other duties as assigned. Job Qualifications:Minimum
- High school or GED/HSED required. Bachelor's degree in Social
Work, Psychology, Nursing, or Social Services from a school of
social work or in a behavioral science preferred.
- Knowledge and experience serving people with substance use
- Working knowledge of computer applications preferred (Windows
and Microsoft Word).
- Ability to display cultural competence by responding
respectfully and effectively to people of all cultures, languages,
classes, races, ethnic backgrounds, religions, and other diversity
factors in a manner that recognizes, affirms and values the worth
- Valid driver's license, automobile, and insurance sufficient to
meet agency requirements.
- Meet all the employee requirements including references,
criminal background check, drug screen, and driver's license
check.Personal Attributes: Follow agency Code of Conduct and adhere
to established policies and procedures of the agency and of all
funding sources including Wisconsin DHS. Conduct self in an ethical
manner. Maintain professional and respectful relationships with all
WCS staff, adults, and families and all external funding sources
and community partners involved with service provision. Show
sensitivity toward cultural, ethnic, and disability needs. Embrace
the role and utilization of peer specialists and people with lived
experience.Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Experience serving
people with substance use and co-occurring needs. Knowledge of the
Milwaukee County substance use system, Medication Assisted
Treatment, and evidence-based practices. Must possess verbal and
written communication skills, along with computer skills that
include Microsoft Word, Excel, and database applications. Must have
strong communication skills, be flexible, patient, compassionate
and maintain confidential information. Must have the ability to
work independently with a minimal amount of supervision but must be
a strong team player as well. Ability to multi-task, take
initiative and apply knowledge to variety of circumstances.Physical
Demands: May require sitting at a desk and/or computer for two or
more hours at a time. Requires computer work. Travel in the
community is a requirement. Other Job Information (if
applicable):Work Relationship and Scope: Reports directly to the
Team Supervisor and works closely with the WCS Hub and Spoke Health
Home team. Direct interaction with the people being served by the
program, staff, project partners, substance use treatment
providers, and Milwaukee County.Working Conditions: Work is
performed in an office and community environment. Work is performed
in the community including going into homes, court, and other
locations to serve adults enrolled in the WCS Hub and Spoke Health
Home. Travel is required. Must be comfortable being around and/or
interacting with adults who have significant substance use needs.
Flexible work schedule is required to meet the needs of staff and
the people being served. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential
Keywords: Wisconsin Community Services, Milwaukee , Recovery Navigator - Hub & Spoke Program, Other , Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!